Page 6 of 39 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: seaweed journal page 6

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Can you take your parents for a walk G? even a slow walk is good. or you could get up early and go for the swift run thing. or ditch them at a coffee shop for morning of afternoon tea or in the pub LOL and walk somewhere and pick them up on the way back.

so today.

cup of water with minerals, calcium, vit K and vit C first thing.
    cup of coffee and 2 egg brie omlette for breakfast
    6k walk.

dithering about another coffee. so i prob will.

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    morning Seas - you do rock !!!!!!! I so hope you actually know that !!!!!!!!!
    I am loving the motivation you are giving us all. I am actually finding these squats are making my legs stronger.
    Agreed. Your journal is very motivating.
    G, that's great you can sense your improvement, keep it up.

more exercise. i was sitting dreading it so i decided to do it to get it out of the way.

day 1. wk 2 cycle 1.
    pushing - exercise 17. let me ins with legs straight 2 sec pauses. 2 x 12 reps. i keep thinking i have over paced myself on this one and i should have started on something easier. i can do all 12 but once i add in the 1 or 2 sec pause i prob can only do convincingly the first 6 of each set. however i think it has gotten better so i will keep at it. not having my feet on a slippery surface helps too! maybe too i should go back to 1 sec pauses so as i can do more properly?
    squatting - exercise 13. one legged squat off a knee high surface. 2 x 12 reps. this has gotten easier on the right leg. left leg i am still subtly leaning coz of the ankle. i am loathe to go up a progression till my ankle is better as my right leg already was stronger than my left leg.
    perpendicular pushing. exercise 12. military press with 2 sec pauses. 2 x 12 reps. went up a progression and it was ok.
    bending. exercise 25. one legged warrior with weight. except i cheated and did 2 legged warrior coz of the ankle. 2 x 12 reps. i used one of my 4kg clubbells as the weight so up a kg. considering i can easily do good mornings with 30kg weights on the bar, this is harder so it must be the arm positioning.
    then, coz i could, i finished with 10 single shoulder casts each shoulder with a 4k clubbell. 5 double shoulder cast with 4kg clubbells and 5 iron crosses with 4kg clubbells.

we are back to the 12 reps being psycologically hard and i guess since you go up an exercise every time you can do all 12 reps with good form, you are almost always sucking at doing it. which is also pyschologically hard. it is one thing to be able to do 12 reps well but feel like you have slayed yourself doing them to being able to maybe get 4 or 5 reps out with good form and then fudge the rest. as in exercise 17 LOL and then you have the if you are doing it badly, you lose form which means you dont get full ROM, risk of injury and so on. however, i will keep at exercise 17, go back to 1 sec pausing and i will count the amount of reps i can do well and record them next time.

checked out the next progression for squats and it is assisted one legged squats. you do them in the doorway. easy peasy as i have something to lean on so i will do that next. it did feel easier than one legged squats off a knee high surface so i may need to experiment with them a bit more.

lunch was approx just under 100g of fillet steak pan fried salt and pepper. silverbeet and cauliflower steamed in chicken broth. i fried a big mushroom chopped into little pieces with the steak for a while. chucked it in the broth to reduce it down. put in a tsp of cultured cream and some grated nutmeg to make sauce for the veges. cup of coffee and a cup of water. i am trying to up my broth for the ankle. and i am thinking of adding gelatin.

exercise. had to go for a 6k after lunch stroll before it rained. just made it home.

dinner was 4 grated russet apples in a couple of spoons of cultured cream with some cinammon and some coffee as i was going out. had a shot of whisky and 2 cups of instant coffee while i was out. i was up very late. breakfast was 2 poached eggs and some instant coffee. i had a chai on the way home at about 10. no idea on lunch yet. prob venison.

something interesting i have noticed is i was up hell late. up incredibly early. i get to about 10 and think more strong coffee. then i thought no, i will try the something sweet to not give me a cortisol rush so i crash out later. so far so good. feeling nice and mellow.

went for a 6k walk before lunch and i got hungry. i so rarely get proper hunger it was nice. i had for lunch a venison fillet pan fried in butter with some salt and pepper which must have been all of 100g and a cup of coffee. i am kicking myself i didnt cook the other one!

more exercise. 3 trips up and down the 150m hill to send txts. tried to walk fast upwards.

had a cup of coffee when the kids come home for a while to get something as they are at their dads this weekend.

dinner was surf and turf with a glass of water.

about 4 small slices of venison backstrap and 2 thin slices of venison heart pan fried.
    i steamed 2 maori potatoes, a 1" slice of red cabbage and 4 brussel sprouts in chicken broth. mashed the potaotes in the boiled down broth with a knob of butter. served the steamed veges on the potatoes.
    diced up 1/4 small red onion, fried it in a tsp of butter with a thinly sliced courgette and a pinch of oregano and a splash of chicken broth. put the lid on the pan to steam it till cooked. then added salt and pepper and a tsp of cultured cream and about 7 prawns. served this next to the potato and veges and by the venison. liberally salted the whole lot and now i feel so full i cant even drink coffee.

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by seaweed View Post
    more exercise. 3 trips up and down the 150m hill to send txts. tried to walk fast upwards.

had a cup of coffee when the kids come home for a while to get something as they are at their dads this weekend.

dinner was surf and turf with a glass of water.

about 4 small slices of venison backstrap and 2 thin slices of venison heart pan fried.
    i steamed 2 maori potatoes, a 1" slice of red cabbage and 4 brussel sprouts in chicken broth. mashed the potaotes in the boiled down broth with a knob of butter. served the steamed veges on the potatoes.
    diced up 1/4 small red onion, fried it in a tsp of butter with a thinly sliced courgette and a pinch of oregano and a splash of chicken broth. put the lid on the pan to steam it till cooked. then added salt and pepper and a tsp of cultured cream and about 7 prawns. served this next to the potato and veges and by the venison. liberally salted the whole lot and now i feel so full i cant even drink coffee.
    Mmmmmmm, that sounds good, Seaweed.

Why do you think you don't usually get to feel hungry?

i dont know. prob years of disordered eating. or constant coffee drinking in between meals. it is something i am going to experiment with.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    exercise so far is 6k walk. i missed the rain but i seemed to have a head wind the whole way. sea breezes do that.
    day 2 week 2 cycle 1 BBY

pushing - exercise 16. let me ins with legs straight 1 sec pauses. 2 x 12 reps. decided to go back to exercise 16 and see what happened. i could so the first set totally with proper form. it was very hard. second set i made it to rep 8 and then had to do no pauses.

squatting - exercise 14. assisted one legged squats. 2 x 12 reps. the trick to this is to go lower than then 90deg angle. and it becomes harder than the ones off the surface as you dont get to sit down briefly between reps.

in line pushing. exercise 12. push ups with 2 sec pauses. 2 x 12 reps. went up a progression and it was ok.

bending. exercise 25. one legged warrior with weight. still cheating and doing 2 legged warrior coz of the ankle with the 4kg clubbell. 2 x 12 reps.

food
    water and pills and potions before breakfast.
    2 egg brie omlette for breakfast and a cup of coffee with milk and a splash of cream.
    cup of water after my walk
    lunch thai venison curry with steamed cauli
    so fry up some venison off cuts in some coconut oil with the last 1/4 of the red onion i had. add in 2 tbsp red curry paste and some grated ginger root and a tsp of cinnamon. fry a bit more. add a cup or so of chicken broth and a can of coconut milk and a tbsp of fish sauce. simmer for a while till it looks done.
    prob cup of coffee for dessert.
    serve over steamed veges.

Page 6 of 39 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast