Page 4 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: seaweed journal page 4

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    went with the before lunch as i got bored with work so....and it was nasty hard for the first 2 exercises. i think it is psycologically quite difficult doing something very hard for 12 reps as i always have done the very hard stuff for 10 reps.

cycle 1. week 1. day 3.

pulling - execise 17 - let me ups with straight legs and 2 sec pause. 2 x 12 reps
    squatting - exercise 13 - one legged squat off chair. as before l leant on the chair for balance on the left leg coz of my ankle. 2 x 12 reps
    inline pushing - pushups with one sec pause. 2 x 12 reps.
    bending - two legged warriors ( due to ankle ) with 3kg weight. 2 x 12 reps. i did try these with a 5kg weight as i am 2 legging them but it is def a case of less is more. i can just do them with the 5kg weight but i am not focusing on what my core is doing and the full ROM which is important in warriors.

lunch was earlyish. 40 steamed small to medium cockles. 2/3rd of a small tin of tuna in spring water drained with 1 tbsp home made mayonnaise and loads of pepper. i did attempt to make a cup of chai but it wasnt nice so i had a cup of water and another coffee. i gave the water out of the tuna and 1/3rd of the tin to the cat who was most appreciative.

dinner was the remaining 8 cockles, some venison steaks and some cold steamed red cabbage and brussel sprouts plus some grated apple in whipped cream for dessert and more coffee. had to have decaf as i am almost out of caff beans .

more exercise did the 1 mile dash course with the kids as i had to go to a meeting there. walked back in the dark and the drizzle. it gets so dark there as there are no street lights. the kids didnt think it was anywhere near as much fun as i thought it was.

another cup of decaf when i got home.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    I have had cockles as a child, but I cannot remember what they tasted like................. off to have soem muscles as we type..............
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

i love mussels too. slightly more of a walk to get them around here. not that i mind. i never can bring myself to buy them.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    +2 on the mussels. What I don't understand is the disparity in price between fresh and canned. It's like they're a totally different food.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

We're men, Gus; the world is our toilet.

mussels in a can is quite a foreign concept. we do get them in pottles of brine but i've never had any of them. i do like smoked mussels too.

I never quite made it to the mussels........... too much to do................

...small steps....

Pity you missed the mussels G. if i am feeling lazy, i just steam them and eat them like that. i do like toroi which is a bit more labour intensive. you shuck them, chop them, add in some chopped puha and some vinegar. mix it all up and leave for a few hours.

i had my cup of water and tsp of liquid minerals, 2 calcium pills and some SA first thing
    then breakfast was 2 egg brie omlette with a cup of coffee.
    exercise 6k walk with my neighbour's german shepherd. very interesting experience. she is a lovely animal. like a dainty golden and black wolf. she trots along like wiley coyote and is contantly alert but with her eyes and ears. i am used to hunting dogs who are all nose. her target species is definitely sheep. and rabbits interest her. the multitudes of tempting, flapping water fowl didnt register too much at all.

good on you for getting out there Seas - I am off in a minute......................

...small steps....

i always get out. it is more of an issue not doing it. then it all goes downhill. i had someone tell me an ankle horror story yesterday. OMG. they'd jumped out of something. paragliding maybe? impact injury. went to the doc. he said it was sprained. drugs and take it easy. it keeps going for a year+. gets sent to physio. makes it worse. eventually has an MRI and it turns out it is a fracture of some little ankle bone and the area around it has died. big op with the drill. 3 weeks bed rest. 3 weeks on crutches. ugh. i politely pointed out a) he did actual go to the doctor and b) mine is getting better daily and i have full ROM back.

Page 4 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast