Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 29373839

Thread: seaweed journal page 39

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    That makes sense!!!!!! Is it raining with you???? Ths would have to be the coldest summer that i have ever experienced, we have some trees turning, and it can't be from lack of water!!!!!!!
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    it was hot almost but overcast this morning as we had a north westerly overnight. then it was raining heavily from about lunch time where we were hunting. it cleared up on the way home for a while. then rained again and was clear when we got home. it does look like it has been raining here. definitely the coldest summer for a while. i so miss the sun.

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    damn global warming.....

yes i am getting so sick of it. sand storm on the beach this morning. i missed the torrential rain. it's sunny again now but there has been a howling cold wind all day.

any suggestions for a suitable weapon for an aggressive dog? the owner doesn't control it. i randomly occasionally bump into it and my dog isn't aggressive. bear in mind we're not allowed hand guns in this country and if i take the shotgun and pot it on the beach, i will get in serious trouble. so i need something i can carry easily on the off chance. i was thinking my knife so i can stick it but what a drama and a mess. last resort.

Misabi is online now Senior Member
    Could try one of these, they drive my dogs nuts.
    http://www.ebay.com/bhp/electronic-dog-repeller

Carry food and make friends with it instead?

Or get some of that skunk piss repellant spray..
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

no it's nasty and it's more i need to look after my dog. i do worry as my last dog was a total whimp. he'd just hide behind me so it made the problem one sided and easier to deal with. my dog is actually quite aggro for a V and i really do not want him getting into any bad habits. he was thinking about it too so i reckon when he is older, as they naturally come up the ranks as they mature. it could get ugly. wont the repeller repel my dog too? he has very sensitive ears. i was thinking some kind of pepper spray maybe. what is skunk piss repellent spray? if the owner does stop to talk to me, i will suggest a muzzle.

the dog is laying at my feet with a deer foot. he looks so happy. dogs are so funny. easy to please. i am still over tired. i can see where LL was coming from when she was saying about people failing whole 30s as they mistake tiredness for hunger. i think i drove for 10 out of the last 24 hours of the weekend and ran around the hills for 7 hours which didn't leave much time for sleeping. my man came to see me last night so i was up late talking to him. i bailed on him to go hunting so i kinda had to be nice as he was understanding and didn't have a hissy fit. then i was up early to run the dog. i don't think i've eaten too much today but it was close. i looked at the fridge and had to tell myself i was just tired and i didn't need it. awesome thing was i believed myself. plotting when and how to cut up the deer and how to stash it all in the freezer. i had to give the dog the ribs already as i have no room for them.

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Seas, that is a full-on weekend. Sleep tight and eat lots of venison

Can't remember why you are doing a whole 30? So far so good, anyway. You'll get there.

no i am not whole 30ing. it was a comment LL made about eating when you are tired instead of hungry as she is doing one. i cant deal with coffee without milk, school holidays and working! i managed to get an ok sleep last night. the dog is cavorting with his deer foot as it was too windy to go to the beach so i made an executive decision to stay home and work till later. i have eaten a fillet already. fallow deer fillets aren't very big. i will saw the ribs up today. i have to eat the crayfish for lunch as it wont fit in the freezer and i will maybe roast some of the ribs for dinner. i need to eat them or give them to the dog as there wont be room for them. he is generally quite obliging when it comes to eating the excess venison offcuts lol

poached venison and a camembert and mushroom 2 egg omelette for breakfast. mango mousse for lunch. crayfish legs, a bit of tail, 5 plumcots and maybe 50-75g of lactose free blood orange and mango yoghurt for dinner. poss 4 cups of coffee today. thinking about another. I've dodged the GF pizza so i have broken the cycle. exercise: beach which is a 5k round trip with the dog in sinky sand. 6k round the block on my own. 2 x 10 clean and jerks with the 20kg barbell.

Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 29373839