Page 32 of 39 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: seaweed journal page 32

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    i think the son in law is one of those sorta two step about it ppl. he can pistol squat too. things like punching speed balls is all just practise. the more you do it, the better you get. which is hence why i like plans as i can then ensure i keep onto it. instead of flitting from one thing to another and not really progressing.

Dhansakdave is offline Senior Member
    Sounds like the SiL is made of rubber?!

Yeah the bloke I knew was in his late 30's and had been boxing virtually since he could walk, so he'd been doing it since he could reach it, still found it amazing to watch!

he's very buff. poss only 5" taller than me but he looks more like a cut body weight person than a gym bunny. as i said before, all that sort of thing is is practise. lots of it. some people have more natural apptitude to certain things as well. i always always say to the kids to keep doing all the things they can do like chinups every day. dd#3 didnt listen and now cant. but all those things like climbing ropes and monkey bars and such, you need to keep onto. then you wont ever be not able to.

after reading Al's book i have pulled it back a bit and gone for more reps and full ROM. so with the squats, i am doing 3 sets of 20 full ROM. ass to grass. which is pretty wicked. with the pushups, i put something under my chest and decided i wasnt going low enough so i am now doing 3 sets of 10 on my coffee table which is a smidgen under half my knee height. and i am going from arms locked out down to grazing the table with the nipples. still doing one legged warriors and ozzie pull ups. i also did 3 x 30 sec neck bridges.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Hi Seaweed - how are you doing down there in the cold south ?????
    I cannot believe how cold it is back here in NZ. ............ and of course the wood is a tad damp cos no-one bothered to cover it while we were away !!!!!!!! I can feel a BBY moment coming on - if nothing other than to warm up !!!!
    G x
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Heya G! welcome back. it's nasty wet and cold here. slips everywhere. not much snow where we are. there was sleet settled on the high road on the way to town yesterday and we saw a car in town today with snow all over it, but nothing at home. i think it feels colder than it is coz of the wind and all the dampness in the air. i'm overrun with small children so i just have my head above water. no boozing or other nefarious passtimes as i am in charge lol

Hi Sea, sounds like you're keeping busy?!

That sounds a bit like our summer......there predicting frost overnight in places over here!

my neighbour just got back from england and she didnt have a tan. i was too scared to ask about the weather lol i dont do well with all this nasty cold, wet, grey weather. i dont mind the bleakness or the cold on its own but i think it is the damp cold which does my head in. we have another good week or more to go of this according to the metservice. the last few nights have been very clear and it has been a full moon which has been awesome. one good thing about the winter is the moon always seems so much bigger and yellower. about to go for a walk in the arctic chill here. it usually takes about 3 k to warm up and then i am fine lol

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Good to see you writing again, sea. I always enjoy reading you.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

You'll be lucky to get a tan over here in June, after the last few years yer more likely to get trench foot!

After 3k warming up, you gotta make that worthwhile?!

Page 32 of 39 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast