Page 31 of 39 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: seaweed journal page 31

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    i am old school in the fact i really like physical books. i can lend them to people and cart them around with me too. i should get an e-reader one day. where's the free cloud reader?

Misabi is online now Senior Member
    I get some ebooks, recently read Robb wolf's paleo solution on my phone. But I prefer having a book in my hands, especially to read in the evening or in bed.
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

i read in the bath when i have water which i have loads of now with all this rain. plan A is to have a better read of PTL tonight. i was thinking about the steak diet at lunch today as well as i was eating some chunks off a piece of beef rump. you could prob sub lamb or hogget or mutton ie sheep of some kind for the beef if you were getting bored.

Dhansakdave is online now Senior Member
    Good day all!

Cheers Sea's, thanks for that, I'm a bit like you, I like a programe to follow, and a physical copy to follow it from, saying that I've ad hocked my Thursday and Saturday training around the kettlebell stuff I'm doing at the moment, so I could do it I 'spose!
    Will have a look at dragondoor and check it out, and what is a cloudreader?! Can't beat a bath an' all!

M, thanks, good link, couldn't find any of Al's books on there, but there was still some interesting books, not just on training!

i mess around as well as follow a program. i often do random stuff like pick up the clubbells and do a few shoulder casts or iron crosses on the way past. or a few boxing bag tabatas if i am feeling energetic. i do find if i want to make progress, it helps to have some way of quantifying it. which is why i like a plan.

Yeah, does tell you where you're at with a programme, do you keep a training log or such?

Need to get a punch bag and get into that again, good for stress relief!

my personal trainer keeps a note book specially for me lol i also remember what i can and cant do at the gym. BBY, i have it written in the book. the punch bag is a kickbag. i've had it for years. it always hurts my lats punching it. i do have boxing gloves but i always punch at the back of the bag. i prefer the ones at my gym which are suspended on elastics so they ping back at you when you punch them. which is way more fun as you need to keep moving to get them the next time.

Quote Originally Posted by seaweed View Post
    which is way more fun as you need to keep moving to get them the next time.
    Or they get you, I 'spect?!

Never used a kick bag, much preferred to bury meself on a punch type, used to find it was me shoulders that got it most! Ever had a pop on the speed ball they're good fun as well!

Getting too long in the tooth know to remembers all I done, much easier to log it all!

LOL it has never got me!!! maybe what i am talking about is a speed ball. i dont know. my son in law can do all the decorative leaping in the air and kicking the bag as he has done martial arts. i've actual never tried.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Don't sound the same, could be wrong, but the speed ball hangs about 6 inches down from a mount on a pivot and pings back for another biff, great for coordination, not really a power thing, as you'd hit it off the mount, especially if ya gave it some shoe, lol!

A bloke in a gym I used to go to used be able to two step around it and do all sorts with the thing a blur, I was happy just to hit the bloody thing!

Page 31 of 39 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast