Page 29 of 39 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: seaweed journal page 29

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    well there are 4 houses on my road including mine and i cant see any of them. there's no one at the end of my road for prob a k one way and 3 ks the other way. no street lights and dirt roads. i liked london but i was younger then and liked to party lots.

Dhansakdave is offline Senior Member
    A tad remote then, don't think you'ld like my terraced house much?!

Thing is, due to the aforementioned overcrowding over hear, bullion's cheaper than property, so to be able to move to the country I'd probably have to quadruple me wages to afford the garage!

One good thing is I can walk to all the local Veg/Vietnamese/Indian/Chinese/health food shops in about 20 minutes, not to mention me local butcher! And there's a farmers market about a 15 minute drive away!

all the foreigners have stuffed our housing prices too which means we have to save up to move to the country unless we already live there, or have a paid off house in the city. terraced houses would wierd me out totally. i did know a south african woman who moved to england and she reckoned it freaked her out having the letterbox in your front door. i can walk to the beach and get cockles, mussels and oysters. i have to dice with death and get in the water to get paua and kina. there is crayfish not too far out there too but you need a boat i think. i can also spear for flounder and net for mullet within walking distance and fish off the rocks or spear fish where we get paua for things like moki and greenbone and maybe some blue cod. not to mention, at this time of year, get the pump action out and shot ducks, black swans and geese in the backyard. which ftr, i am not doing as i like ducks, the geese are not the tasty type and the kids wont let me shoot any swans.

i implemented my brain wave this morning. instead of sulking coz i cant run properly and it hurts my ankle. i went for a brisk walk the other way up a nasty 200 odd metre hill. down the other side about 400m. back up the 400m hill and back down the 200m hill. which is way harder than jogging a mile on the flat.

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by seaweed View Post
    i implemented my brain wave this morning. instead of sulking coz i cant run properly and it hurts my ankle. i went for a brisk walk the other way up a nasty 200 odd metre hill. down the other side about 400m. back up the 400m hill and back down the 200m hill. which is way harder than jogging a mile on the flat.
    And hills are great for shaping your bum!

and your abs i reckon as you steer with your abs. you can really focus on the way up and use your adductors more too. usually i am simply trying to not fall down any pot holes or injure my ankle again as it is too dark to see anything at all at this time of year. so it is at least good mental exercise too.

Fair play, apart from the dicing with death bit, sounds a bit of a idyllic life.

Wouldn't know a letter box in me front door any other way!

And It's illegal to shoot swans over here!

i did see a white swan in the nelson harbour when i was away fishing. black swans arent native. i have looked this year as i am not shooting any game birds, but i know last year we were allowed 5 a day in the bag. they are rumoured to not be very tasty and i have seen what devoted parents they are so i would be loathe to eat one unless it was roadkill. and i was hungry enough to be curious. i love that painting swan upping by stanley spencer.

life can be idyllic. it is what you make of it. i have heard plenty of people moaning their asses off about the weather etc etc. and i dont really want them all at my beach, collecting the kai moana and driving around shooting the waterfowl as i quite like the peace and tranquility. i only joke about dicing with death. there are sharks and there are somewhat bad tempered marine mammals, not to mention rips and currents. pretty standard stuff with it being an ocean. you are statistically more likely to be hit by a tow truck on the way there than being got by any of those hazards LOL

Still sounds pretty good to me, not an expert but the rips seem to get a few, people always underestimated um, well they do over here!

You don't wants to be road kill yourself, the truck can't eat you, 'spose the driver could?!

he was polite as he knew he had crashed into me!!! virtually all the neighbours have had someone, usually not another neighbour, crash into them on the roads around here. which is effectively "on the way to the beach". i dont know anyone local who has been eaten by a shark or got towed out by a rip and drowned. quite a few of us have had incidents with marine mammals in the water but no one i know has been injured by them.

Page 29 of 39 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast