Page 28 of 39 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Thread: seaweed journal page 28

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    falling in the ditch and getting all dirty kinda sounds like fun! lol
    we try to avoid falling in ditches unless it is deliberate and then it is definitely way too much fun. and all our parrots around here are native, rare and endangered so there will be no eating them lol i did take the kids to see the kakapo when he came to the ecosanctuary and he was hell cool. a big green nocturnal flightless parrot. he thinks he is a person as they hand raised him before they worked out kakapo imprint on humans. i think he even shagged some pommie tv person who was out doing a program about him LOL

Sirocco the kakapo conservation superstar: Kakapo facts

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    The kakapo is so beautiful in an awkward kind of way. I've never seen one before.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

they are very rare. they didnt used to be but being flightless and tasting nice, they were toast. their feathers smell so nice too. they passed a bag around for us to smell when we went to see him. they had counted them tho lol being a weaver, getting my hands on some kakapo feathers would be incredibly exciting.

Dhansakdave is offline Senior Member
    Just googled them as I'd never heard of them before, we dont get many parrots in these climes, except for pets, big buggers aren't they, looks a bit like a giant budgie!

LOL it was more shaped like a meat chicken. we dont get too many parrots and all ours are relatively rare or very rare. we were down to about 50 odd kakapo in the early 90s but i think we're up to over 100 now.

Ah, yeah, can see it in the wings now, they must be tasty then!! (Not that I plan to find out)

Only doubled in 20 years or so though, are they bred in captivity or are people, or some people actually showing some compassion for an endagered species?

they are incredibly slow breeding i think. they keep them on offshore pest free islands as they arent the smartest when it comes to things like mustelids and feral cats and the like. they smell sweet and apparently taste very good too.

Can't imagine um outrunning most hunters?!

Some urban areas round here could do with some slow breeders!!

LOL england is vastly overpopulated. i think i would feel like crocodile dundee in new york if i went to london for a visit. auckland was bad enough last time i went there and i used to live there!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    You ain't wrong, and it's getting worse!

Can't say I'm that big on London, too big for my liking, I live in a city, but can be out in the country in a matter of minutes.

Page 28 of 39 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast