Page 26 of 39 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread: seaweed journal page 26

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    morning Seas and all who frequent her journal.............. I think that you need to start an online kete weaving tutorial !
    I would pay to learn Seas !!!!!!
    you know there are you-tubes G!!!! no shit i found some the other day. they are i reckon like the weaving books, you need to know how to weave to be able to understand them. there is some interesting stuff like different closures on kete whakairo out there.

how's BBY coming on G? i was too rinsed to go for a run this morning before work. i also figured as i am going to the gym today, it wasnt a good plan, even if it is only a mile.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    I have read a few more pages...........................I really do need a short sharp swift kick up the jacksee.................
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

it's less stress just to do it without the ass bruising LOL it is so short and nasty, that even i have not managed to find any excuses to bunk off. if you combine it with your 6.6k walks, you will be pretty much set forever. just chip at it bit by bit. over the 4 weeks, i have gone up one progression in the pulling exercises which is a fudge LOL, 3 in the squatting exercises, 3 in the perpendicular pushing, 5 in the inline pushing and the bending i flapped about with due to the ankle but can do the final progression much better now.

I shall consider my arse kicked !!!!!!!!!

...small steps....

yes give the initial evaluations a go today and then report back. i am going to the gym so i will report back too.

a good day at the gym. no other exercise worth speaking of. so i did the usual and added in some lunges. i did 3 sets of 20. that is 10 on each leg = 20. with only a measly pair of 18kg dumbbells. booo!!! the idea was to see what the ankle did. well it did. and was fine. maybe a smidgen of a wobble on the last 3 of the 60 which is not too bad. i did notice that walking lunges are a tad like riding a motorcycle, you look where you want to go. if you look down, you do wobble. but not from any stress from the weight. just sucky balance. then i had a go at overhead squat which is a fascinating exercise. it is more full body than the back squat i reckon as you have so much more going on. you wont do anywhere near as much weight so it prob isnt as much of a strenght exercise as such. it's not in my strength training anatomy book either. tried the 20 kg bar and nearly fell over LOL it was incredibly funny. we decided discretion was the better part of valour and as i dont usually quit, we went and found the 10kg bar. which was kinda like using a broom stick but you get the technique without the danger of overbalancing and taking yourself or an innocent bystander out. you need to go real low. until you can feel your butt bones are protruding. then back up. i made my personal trainer try and he couldnt go anywhere near as low as me. he is one week out from a major comp so i am letting him off LOL once you get the technique, you just bump up the weight each set in about 2.5kg increments. i got to 15kgs. but had done 3 sets of 10 @ 10kgs. then supersetted my single leg lying hammy curls with 2 x 10 @ 12.5 kg and then 1 x 10 @ 15kg. you real need to concentrate on balancing the bar and holding the core strong but i reckon i could do 20kgs. my good mornings with the 35kg bar were easy this week so go the one legged warriors holding overhead weight!

Dhansakdave is offline Senior Member
    Had to chuckle at the O/H squat bit, for obvious reasons, never again!! Good on the ankle as well.

LOL!!! i am hugely pleased about the ankle especially after that horror story from the guy who had the bone around the fracture die and needed to op with the drill. i havent seen him recently but i will wave my non cankle at him next time. i just wont run in case i look funny but visually now, it looks the same. i spot my ankles in the mirror while i am doing good mornings or squats at the gym to distract me. so it is a good guage as i only study them once a week.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    I really do need a short sharp swift kick up the jacksee
    Gwamma, even though we both speak our version of English, I think that when we meet, we'll need translation books!

As always, sea, you both inspire me and put me to shame.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    jacksee = derriere = bottomus = maximus gluteaus = arse !!!!!! EASY !!!!!

...small steps....

Page 26 of 39 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast