Page 23 of 39 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: seaweed journal page 23

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    oops!!!!
    Last edited by seaweed; 05-08-2013 at 02:39 AM.

Dhansakdave is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by seaweed View Post
    bumping this. hanging in there with the exercise. as ever LOL did a 1 mile run in the absolute pitch darkness this morning. the ankle hung in there. i am still not going to win any awards for running gracefully LOL did the 6k block at lunch. gym tomorrow.

ohh and i got so annoyed with my ozzie pullups with straight legs that i tried the next progression. ozzie pull ups with leg raised. and lmao they were as hard as the straight legs ones, they were not any harder!
    Good day!

How about trying a wieght vest (if you've got one), or slowing down on the negative?

Know what ya mean on the running, I'm no Gebrselassie either, better than doing nowt though!!

a weighted vest on the ozzie pullups? mark lauren calls them let me ins. i have a weight belt for diving i could wear. they are nasty hard with my feet up as it is. i did do 3 chin ups on a metal soccer goal when i was waiting for the kids after school. they felt very wierd as i had to put my hands alot closer together than i normally do. pinched alot more in the lower outer biceps. usually btw i can run with grace and form LOL but the ankle is still awkward. and it is definitely better than sitting on my ass. hands down. no contest.

Diving belt ought to do, when you're ready, fair play on the 'c' ups, was the pinch when more at the bottom?

I run with gr(im)ace!!

no the pinch was more at the top. it is supposed to be a bicep and lat exercise. the pinch was in what looks like the outer side of the brachialis i think.

Yer right I s'pose it's more of a pull at the bottom, brachialis is bit technical for me, I'll stick to 'arm'!!

i had to look it up in my strength anatomy book LOL if you hold your arm out with your hand palms up. put your other hand sideways just above your elbow crease. about a hands width up about halfway round to the tricep. there. i have no idea what this url is about btw but it came up on images for brachialis and that is it
    Brachialis - TexasLeaguers.com - The Mechanics of Baseball

Oh, now I understands, I got me one of they, well two if you count both arms, probably from doing a shit load of chin ups!

now you admit you can do them LOL i was reading an article on pull ups for women by a woman and she was saying how most people take as long to get to doing 2 in a row without stopping as they did to get the first. as your first is usually you 1 rep max when you get there.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    That sounds about right, when I first started doing them progress was painful, but worth it.

Do them, mix up chin ups and inverted rows for variety as part of the 'enter the kettlebell' training I'm, which works by doing ladders, so if you do 5x5 ladders, it works out at 75! Didn't mean to keep it a secret, lol

Page 23 of 39 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast