Page 22 of 39 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: seaweed journal page 22

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I don't know either, at the moment I am still too unco so I would most likely run (I'm fit enough for that). But wait till I get better at it, then I would surely have a dilemma.

seaweed is online now Senior Member
    i dont think you can say till it happens and my guess is alot of what anyone ends up doing is based on what the threat actually is and how you are underneath all the trappings of how we present ourselves. i think too our lives are generally too easy from that sort of survival perspective. we have loads of stressors we prob shouldnt have but those life and death ones are rare.

still feeling bleurgh this morning. no kids so i was going to go for a long walk at 6:30 am before breakfast. it is cold and horrid and it was dark so i figured i'd do have breakfast, do some work and then go when it was light and a bit more enjoyable.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    sounds like a plan Seas - I can't actually remember half of what I posted last night - so apologies to anyone I may have offended along the way !!!!!!! and sorry for the late start this morning but I have not been able to access MDA - bloody computers !!!!!!
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

not in the mood today at all. still not gone for a walk but i did have to work so i would have ended up having to bunk work to go.

day 1 week 4 cycle 1 BBY

pushing - exercise 16. let me ins with legs straight 1 sec pauses. 3 x 10 reps. still cheating with bent legs but didnt put any weight on my legs. still very messy. i do hate that i never seem to get better at this one.

squatting - exercise 15. assisted one legged squats with one sec pauses. 3 x 10 reps. went up a progression. set 2 and 3 were easier than set 1. could prob go 2 sec pauses next time

perpendicular pushing. exercise 17. close grip push ups. 3 x 10 reps. these are nowhere near as easy as normal pushups with 2 sec pauses. i also cant get down as low which is frustrating. i feel them alot more in the tricep and i feel like my shoulder blades are going to pop out the middle of my spine.

bending. exercise 25. one legged warrior holding 3kg dumbbell overhead. 3 x 10 reps. still getting less wobbly on left hand side which doesnt surprise me as i now have my tendon definition back in my left ankle. holding the weight up in the air is poss the hardest bit here.

one other thing overall i am starting to notice is how much easier alot of the exercises become if you concentrate on holding your core or what the stretching woman calls your abdominal corset, strong.

and yes still feeling bleurgh. managed the 6k block in the sun which was nice. i did feel kinda flat the whole time energy wise. had roast chook and veges for lunch as the extended whanau came around. had welsh raebit with prawns and baby squid over steamed silver beet and brussel sprouts for dinner which was very tasty. i was using up what i have in the fridge. prob gonna aim for an early night here. even if my more controlling mind is thinking i should hoof the block in the dark.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    hiya Seas - hows the weekend going ?????
    I still haven't got my book - am hoping it comes before the trip !!!!!!!
    Off for a wee wander soon - should be fun -
    ...............and then I might just throw the 20kg kettlebell about and do some CC.................. these anti bugs are seriously making me feel ill !!!!!!!
    catch you later
    G x
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

hiya G. weekend is s-l-o-w. the hog wouldnt start and i dont want to take the car too far till i've got it fixed. i've just walked around lots. it's raining now pretty nastily but i managed to literally just miss it. i slid thru the gate as it started to spit. i'm planning some BBY today. hopefully yours will be here tomorrow.

anti bugs are totally horrid, i avoid them like the plague. as in either refuse to take them or take SA instead. i dont remember you having them either, i thought it was LL? havent had anyone brandishing a shotgun around at our resident ducks yet. i have heard lots of loud banging noises in the distance so they are out there on the prowl. i have the horse in the front yard away from the water just in case. you would have to be an idiot to mistake her for a duck and shotgun pellets dont ricochet, but still. better safe than sorry.

i'm also trying to get my head around phosporus, calcium, magnesium ratios. popular opinion is i broke or fractured my ankle. now it is pretty much better and i dont have to go anywhere near any doctors, i can concede that it might have happened. misabi posted some nutritional breakdown on the steak and eggs thread and the phosphorous was real high, mag, ca and manganese were real low. i know kittens get issues with breaking bones and stop wanting to walk if they have too much muscle meat as the phos ratio to calcium stuffs up ca absorption. i'd also been on a pretty high dose magnesium supplement which can also push out calcium. so.... my guess is with something like a kitten which is fast growing, you will see anything like that relatively quickly and clearly. altho it wasnt clear as the best cat vet in the area didnt pick it and still refers to my friends cat we fixed by diet as a miracle cat LOL anyways, if you eat mainly muscle meat, i wonder how slow and incidious the issue would be. apparently the pre-contact inuit had osteoporosis too.

day 2 week 4 cycle 1 BBY

pushing - exercise 16. let me ins with legs straight 1 sec pauses. 3 x 10 reps. still all over the place. absolutely loathe this one.

squatting - exercise 16. assisted one legged squats with 2 sec pauses. 3 x 10 reps. went up a progression and it wasnt hard. am too scared to look to see what the next one is LOL and i peaked, it is assisted pistols - eeek!!!!

in line pushing. exercise 14. military press with feet elevated to knee height 1 sec pause. 3 x 10 reps. went up a progression. this was easy so i will try with 2 sec pauses next time.

bending. exercise 25. one legged warrior holding 3kg dumbbell overhead. 3 x 10 reps. very doable on the right side. the left side is still dodge coz of the ankle so i will keep with it and not try to make it harder.

chucking this link in here so i dont lose it and can read it properly later.

Mineral Ratios: What is the best Calcium to Magnesium Ratio?

more of my looking into calcium, phospohorus and mag ratios. i should prob just get into the whisky now! a case for eating a wide variety of whole foods. am gonna paleotrack my food for a while too to see if i can spot anything interesting. american food trackers are a bit different to what we eat tho so some of it will be best guess.

bumping this. hanging in there with the exercise. as ever LOL did a 1 mile run in the absolute pitch darkness this morning. the ankle hung in there. i am still not going to win any awards for running gracefully LOL did the 6k block at lunch. gym tomorrow.

ohh and i got so annoyed with my ozzie pullups with straight legs that i tried the next progression. ozzie pull ups with leg raised. and lmao they were as hard as the straight legs ones, they were not any harder!

Page 22 of 39 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast