Page 2 of 39 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: seaweed journal page 2

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    lunch was some raw mince while i was cooking a small steak which i had with loads of salt and pepper. i was gonna try to have some cockles and salad but i wanted steak. must be craving iron maybe? i had my 2nd cup of coffee of the day. and i had 2 cups of water between breakfast and lunch. i am thinking now of stetches or some yoga poses i can do on my rest days between the mental body weight workouts.

badgergirl is online now Senior Member
    *pulls up chair* - that counts as exercise, no?
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm!

i think it depends what you are doing with the chair. if you are sitting on it prob not but if you are using it to one legged squat off, it counts LOL i just did some clubbell shoulder casts whilst i was waiting for my remote connection to reconnect. having bad remote connectivity for work today. it's irritating as it is sporadic so i cant just blanket say "down time" and go do something useful for the afternoon! so i did 10 single clubbell shoulder casts each side with 4kg clubbells. 5 double shoulder casts with 4kg clubbells and 5 iron cross with 4kg clubbells. my next move is to go lay on the floor and stretch. you lay on your back. and keeping your arms in contact with the ground slowly move them up from your sides all the way round to above your head. you should stretch out and flatten the top of your back. hold while it releases and relaxes. then LOL 2pm i am gonna go ride the HOG!!!

Annieh is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by seaweed View Post
    in other news, we saw a white heron on the way to school today!!!!
    new zealand birds | birds | gallery | white heron, egretta alba modesta
    rare as hen's teeth around here. There was the usual gaggle of spoonbills and one was taller and had a yellow beak. So it was in non breeding plummage. We did a u-turn and slowly snuck back. I chucked the kids out the car to commando crawl at it lol it was almost the same height as my youngest so approx a metre maybe. Much more upright standing than the little grey herons. It was just hanging out and some tourists drove past and scared it so it flew off. Huge wing span and that slow motion flight. Unreal.
    Awesome, Seas!!! (Tried to write it in caps, but no go).

i know. i love those things like white herons you only see so rarely. so good for teaching the kids to pay attention to their surroundings as well. we even got to have a discussion about women's fashion in days gone by as white herons were almost extincted here for their feathers for hats. as co-incidentally was the end for the huia too. i must look next time we go to the museum to see if we can see any white herons feathers in anything. and i wll go for a trawl around tomorrow to see if it was moulting LOL

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    White Herons are so beautiful. We saw a few down in Haast at Easter. Just so lanky and graceful all at the same time.
    We get the odd Cattle egret here, but they are not as pretty.
    I'm with you on the exersize today Badger. Pull chair out, push chair in, pull chair out, push chair in.............
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

When Birds Were Hats | Interactive Arts Enquiry dont read this if you are squeamish. out there what people used to do and darn right icky. i may hunt but only for food and i am responsible about it. the only feathers i own too are off road kill or moulting birds. i'd never snuff anything just for the feathers.

I agree Annie - a very amazing picture.....
    oooh a spambot!

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    good lord Seas - that was a wee trip down memory lane. My Nana was a miliner, and a very competent one I am led to believe. Those are the sort of hats that she would create....absolutely amazing !
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

that is so cool G. i mean the fact she could make hats like that. not the dead bird carnage bit. you can usually pick up a fair bit of roadkill. there are the obvious limitations on native bird feathers but non native ones have some stunning feathers you can use.

Page 2 of 39 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast