Page 18 of 39 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: seaweed journal page 18

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    kids were making sushi so they gave me a roll of seaweed with cucmber, cold smoked salmon and avocado in. not feeling so hungry now thankfully.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Seas - if you are hungry - why not go and cook yourself a great big fat juicy steak ???? oh no wait - thats why Gwamma is still so big !!!!!!! starve yourself til dinner, and Gwamma will try to as well !!!!!!!
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

ooops cross post !!!!!!!

...small steps....

eating an extra juicy steak prob aint gonna make you fat. my problem is all the coffee and the miscellaneous binges on GF bread or cookies. not to mention the odd bourbon attack. altho, when i was really scrawny i did used to bourbon it once a week or two. carb refeed LOL i am still meditating on the whole nutrition side of things. and i really do think the PHD guy does have it nailed as a 30/30/30 split just hedges your bets. and i certainly did better when i didnt worry about macros and just ate but avoided grains and sugar and didnt overdo either the protein or the fat.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Smoked salmon and avocado is food of the gods (and goddesses).
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

and i have done extra specially well as i had hot smoked salmon and avocado for my lunch. half of which got stolen by my youngest LOL and then i got avocado and cold smoked salmon after too. i dont generally like fresh salmon or canned salmon.

I am thinking that you could be onto something there Seas. In another thread someone mentioned that some people do better on different macro ratios than others and I am beginning to agree. I really have to totally vamp up my whole lifestyle but small steps ehhh ?????

...small steps....

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Gwamma, after a recent mini-binge, I've decided that macros be damned. I'll avoid poisons - processed and factory foods/meats. But after that, I'm just keeping an eye on the calories. Since I tend to be oriented to proteins just naturally, I'm not going to freak if one day I decide I just want cold potato salad and tomatoes for supper. When I just watched calories and kept the alcohol in check, I was slim and sane. Watching macros and freaking out over every non-organic non-pastured forkful of food I put in my mouth almost turned me into a raving lunatic.

Granted, I'm a bit on the nutty side to begin with, but I really don't want to foam at the mouth.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

i find if i eat less but not starve, i always function better both physically and mentally. i feel better when i get up in the mornings and i can think clearer. and like J, when i just watch the calories to a lesser extent, i am slim and sane. CICO does work with me but they i've never starved myself or eaten junk. and by CICO, i dont really mean actual count calories what i mean is dont snack, overeat lots and eat sugary foods. never really been that huge on alcohol. and yeah. on the nutty side to begin with so i dont need to be foaming at the mouth about having to have organic everything. i cant afford it and i also am not that stuck up. the problem with small steps is you never really feel much better or see much effect so it is hard to stick to.

managed a 6k stroll around the block with the kids, had a cup of water but was still hungry after all. so i had an early dinner. pan fried venison steaks. a few brussel sprouts, some red cabbage and a zucchini steamed in venison broth. for dessert a russet apple rolled in some ground cinnamon and a cup of coffee.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    Gwamma, after a recent mini-binge, I've decided that macros be damned. I'll avoid poisons - processed and factory foods/meats. But after that, I'm just keeping an eye on the calories. Since I tend to be oriented to proteins just naturally, I'm not going to freak if one day I decide I just want cold potato salad and tomatoes for supper. When I just watched calories and kept the alcohol in check, I was slim and sane. Watching macros and freaking out over every non-organic non-pastured forkful of food I put in my mouth almost turned me into a raving lunatic.

Granted, I'm a bit on the nutty side to begin with, but I really don't want to foam at the mouth.
    I could possibly cope with foaming at the mouth !!!!!!!
    I just need me a revamp - praps I should go on a cruise around Alaska ???????

...small steps....

Page 18 of 39 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast