Page 17 of 39 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: seaweed journal page 17

Dhansakdave is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by seaweed View Post
    with the pistols too, i can always get right down if i have something to steady me even fractionally.
    Same here, otherwise I'd fall on me jacksy!

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    i try to avoid that in public LOL it is good practise for balance tho. and just do one on each leg when you remember and when you go thru a door. even doing a few a day all the way down will help with the movement. i reckon keeping flexibility is a very important part of fitness myself.

I agree on the flexibilty, I got a book on yoga to try and improve mine, which I try and do a couple of times a week, not sure if it's working yet mind, only had it a few weeks!

That's how I do my pistols, same with sissy squats

Yeah, landing on your tush in public can be a tad embarrassing!!

the stretching book i have by marja putkisto looks quite good so far. i have only done the preliminary exercises which were easy. my plan is to give the program a go but i need to work out how to fit it in with my BBY stuff and the gym. i do go thru fits of thinking i should do some yoga but all the people i have met irl who teach are way too airy fairy for me to cope with and i have never found it that hard.

ssn679doc is online now Senior Member
    yes, all of the "yoga folk" I have met do seem to be a bit on the esoteric side.....

Just had a look on amazon for this Marja character, looks interesting.

Some of the moves in the yoga book I've got I'll never be able to do as long as me ass points downwards, just cuz I can't contort meself like they do, but it does give lesser moves, which I like and I'm with you on the airy bit!

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    hiya Seas - no book as yet - am hoping it will come today........
    my exersize at the moment is - spasmodic to say the least - getting too excited about america !!!!!!!
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

i went to sleep instead of reading more of my stretching book but will have a go this morning. i so cant stop exercising coz i am excited LOL apparently we have no idea when it comes to all the different sizes clothes come in and the choice when it comes to america so i would be exercising the ass off. and the thought of being able to go try on loads of true religions and all the different makes of jeans there. not to mention boots. OMG i would be too excited as well!!!

this morning i ran the 1 mile run. i decided since i have had a nasty ankle injury from running on a twisted ankle in VFFs, i would put my old school gym shoes on. so i did and it was fine. i could feel it but the ankle is fine now. no new swelling or pain.

breakfast was omlette and coffee. i had a cup of water before i went for a run and one after with some SA, some vit K2, some deer velvet and some arnica. am thinking if i can run, i may have to redo the food plan and i am also thinking venison and veges for dinner. not venison and eggs. i'll steam the veges in broth and make gravy with the reduced broth from steaming the veges.

exercise. work is having tech dramas so i did the half stretching program. i could definitely feel the stretches. i must say tho if that is the half program, you are looking at a lot of time spare to do it all.

then yay!

day 3 week 3 cycle 1 BBY

pushing - exercise 16. let me ins with legs straight 1 sec pauses. 3 x 10 reps. still cheating with bent legs but didnt put any weight on my legs. still messy

squatting - exercise 14. assisted one legged squats. 3 x 10 reps. did last 10 reps with 1 sec pauses. will upgrade properly next time.

perpendicular pushing. exercise 17. close grip push ups. 3 x 10 reps. went up a progression.

bending. exercise 25. one legged warrior holding 3kg dumbbell overhead. 3 x 10 reps. getting less wobbly on left hand side

cup of water. cup of coffee.

PrimalCon New York
    had a couple of handfuls of NZ cranberries whilst feeding one of the neighbour's chooks before lunch.

lunch was a small avocado, some hot smoked salmon and a cup of coffee. still feeling hungry but it is almost 2 so i will dodge food till dinner.

Page 17 of 39 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast