Page 16 of 39 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: seaweed journal page 16

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    went out and ended up having a couple of shots of bourbon, belated birthday drink and a coffee. came home and had approx 100g fillet steak pan fried medium rare. 1/2 avocado and some hot smoked salmon. a few medlars, the remains of the blue cheese and a cup of water and another cup of coffee.

i have been reading through the stretching book doing some of the preliminary exercises.

badgergirl is online now Senior Member
    I went for a nice walk today - just me and husband's dog - for an hour or so. I *may* attempt something weighty later... You inspire me to push myself beyond my usual sloth. I do so like the *idea* of being fit.
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm and (in development) Vanguard! 3D printed miniatures for sci-fi RPGs.

i dont even know if it is the idea of being fit that inspires me. i just like to do the things i enjoy doing and if i get so out of breath i want to throw up walking up a hill, it stops being fun. i am definitely not one of those bunnies you see running at the weekends. they all look miserable whereas i am usually smiling and feeling happy and checking out the scenery. the book on stretching btw talks a fair bit of how you need to visualise where all the bits of your body are like your centre points and your abdominal corset. which is a cool image. and i know from gyming it for years, it really does help if you know which bit of the body you are supposed to be using. excellent example is my current fave stiff arm pushdowns. you need to focus on your lats doing all the work or it becomes a totally different exercise if you use your arms to pushdown the bar. clubbell shoulder casts you need to visualise your shoulder blades moving between panes of glass. so *seeing* your intention is hugely important.

went for maybe a 2k walk in the dark after dinner. the weird warm, hot, cold breeze is still going. quite unreal. you walk thru pockets or heat and pockets of cold and then it all swirls around. if it hasnt gone all frozen out there, i will go again in about 10 mins.

feeling very bleurgh today. this is generally what happens if i hit the GF bread and/or the bourbon. i crawl out of bed and feel maybe a life of sitting on my ass on the sofa eating nice cake and drinking latte bowls with my lipstick on would be a plan. it hasnt got me yet so there is hope. my feeeling is i would need some additional pharmaceutical assistance to be able to pull it off LOL i did manage another 2k walk last night but most likely there wont be alot of exercise going on today either as i have to work. and it is raining so the kids wont come out anywhere without rioting as they both have colds.

food. big cup of water first thing
    coffee and omlette for breakfast.

definitely not winning today. made prob 4ks walking in two chunks. managed a 100m jog while no one was looking. very lopsided. i will try again tomorrow when it is dark.

food had 2 much coffee. venison burgers and salmon for lunch. part of a ground almond slice i made the kids. and more coffee mid avo. dinner i had lamb chops, stewed apples and cream. and coffee. and also a toasted GF bun.

managed about 3 or 4 cups of water but am still feeling very off.

Dhansakdave is offline Senior Member
    Good day all.

Glad the B'day went well Sea's, nothing wrong with a Bourbon overdose, once in a while! Impressed with the pull ups.

G, there's no way I could play on the wing, my fastest pace was a fearsome trundle!!

i still cant do more than one at a time and i think the technical term is chinups. that bit of upper body strength i find frustrating. it is so hard to improve. i have been doing the odd assisted pistol today. my right side has always been stronger and more flexible than my left, even before i did the ankle. i figured anyways half the battle with pistols is ankle flexibility to get all the way down. so may as well practise. i've not been up to focussing enough to do the stretching. am thinking too since i have 6 days to go before i can get out on my own again, i may need to sort the diet. i feel alot better too when this is the case. so i am gonna do eggs, venison and avocados and coffee and water for a few days. i need to eat all of those items. i may throw some fish in too. so plan A. omlette for breakfast, avocado for lunch and meat or fish and eggs for dinner. poss a bit of broth to drink too. if i keep it up till the kids go back to school, i should totally avoid the 2 week meltdown as i can reassess it all then again.

Dhansakdave is offline Senior Member
    If it's hands facing you then, yup, chin ups, still impressive, there's a lot of ladies on this site who'ld give there right arm to be able to do one, let alone five even with a pause, keep at it, you'll get there!
    Pistols are a hard one, with me it's more my hips than ankles, but as you got a bad ankle. it ain't going to help.

i can get down with both legs and i can do a pistol in prob 8inches of water LOL totally cheating. it is more the strength to get back up on the first few inches. kinda like the last few inches of a chinup being the hard bit. with the pistols too, i can always get right down if i have something to steady me even fractionally.

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhansakdave View Post
    If it's hands facing you then, yup, chin ups, still impressive, there's a lot of ladies on this site who'ld give there right arm to be able to do one, let alone five even with a pause, keep at it, you'll get there!
    Pistols are a hard one, with me it's more my hips than ankles, but as you got a bad ankle. it ain't going to help.
    then they would be doing 1 armed pull ups, which is even MORE immpressive!

Page 16 of 39 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast