Page 15 of 39 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: seaweed journal page 15

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    i did bust out a few pull ups but a pretty girly effort. 5 LOL i did a couple of power walks up the 200m hill to send a txt and to see my neighbour to say thankyou for my lovely present. none of which really counts as exercise but it was fun in the dark as the moon is in and out of clouds and it is still and almost warm. lost count of food and received more bourbon from the son in law as a pressie. along with some white bait and some paua and some blue cod. very happy here. we had roast venison, roast maori potatoes, cauliflower cheese, steamed red cabbage and peas and chocolate sauce. aka gravy made from venison broth and red wine reduction with like 3 squares of 85% choc in it. for dessert we had chocolate cake with whipped cream and raspberries. coffee. bourbon. amaretto.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    by crikey Seas - I have had more than my fair share of your birthday wine - good as it was........... my head aint gonna be thanking you on the morrow !!!!!!!!!
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

LOL according to the exhusband it was always my fault so there is no point in ending such a fine tradition! i will take the blame for your head. no wine here other than cooking wine but we've got enough bourbon and tobacco right now to make your head spin and then some. i only do this once a year so it's all good. i am a bit bummed i cant go run about the beach and make a fire but the kids are sniffly and tired so i will stay home with them.

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    If pullups and powerwalking don't count as exercise then there's not much hope for me.

it was only 5 pullups and prob 400m in total up a hill. not really very strenuous. i did get a book out the library today about stretching. it's quite interesting on a flick thru but i need to read it properly. i was thinking of incorporating more stretching in my between days. on the ankle front too. way way better. i can run on it but not especially well so i am not running on it again yet. other than the odd 20m jog to see how it feels.

ssn679doc is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by seaweed View Post
    it was only 5 pullups and prob 400m in total up a hill. not really very strenuous. i did get a book out the library today about stretching. it's quite interesting on a flick thru but i need to read it properly. i was thinking of incorporating more stretching in my between days. on the ankle front too. way way better. i can run on it but not especially well so i am not running on it again yet. other than the odd 20m jog to see how it feels.
    5 pull up is a girly effort? holy f.... i'm an infant!

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Morning Seas - howz the head, the day after the night before ??????
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

not all in a row. i stop between each one!!!

today so far i've had a cup of water. i went for a walk on the 1 mile run course as i could see the house. went a bit futher. come back past home and up and down the hill and back. total maybe 3 or 4 k. i did do a bit of a jog but i have to land on the outside of my foot on my dubious side so i let it be.

having a cup of coffee and working out what to do with the day as we have a beautiful hot breeze which means it will turn and howl south west and rain at some point. i need to work out roughly when as i want to go somewhere. the met service is being its usually illumnatory self.

Morning Seas - howz the head, the day after the night before ??????
    my head is fine G. i just feel bloated and fat right now. my lips feel like they are made of rubber which is a good indication i have overdone something in the nutrition dept.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    went for a gentle stroll across some bush to get some harakeke with the kids. back at lunch. had a 3 cheese omlette ( brie, blue and some soft cheese ) and a coffee for lunch then

day 2 week 3 cycle 1 BBY

pushing - exercise 16. let me ins with legs straight 1 sec pauses. 3 x 10 reps. sorta cheated a bit as my feet just kept sliding away on the first set so i bent my legs to where my feet hit the rug for grip but i didnt put any weight on my legs. managed the last 2 x 10 reps like this convincingly with 2 sec pauses.

squatting - exercise 14. assisted one legged squats. 3 x 10 reps. still concentrating on getting down below 90 deg which i can do quite easily on my right leg. left leg not so much. will upgrade to having 1 sec pauses next time.

perpendicular pushing. exercise 13. military press with feet elevated to knee height. 3 x 10 reps. went up a progression. this was easy so i will try with one sec pauses next time.

bending. exercise 25. one legged warrior holding 3kg dumbbell overhead. 3 x 10 reps. wobbled a bit on the left side with the dodgy ankle still so just tap my foot on the ground between reps for stability. am concentrating on my form with the whole exercise and holding the core strong.

had a cup of water when i was finished.

the stretching book i got is called the body lean and lifted by marja putkisto. it is looking interesting so far. i will try the preliminary 2 days over the next couple of days. my plan being to work out some complimentary stretching exercises to all my body weight and gym work.

Page 15 of 39 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast