Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gained a pound overnight? page

rahallahan is offline Junior Member

Gained a pound overnight?

Shop Now
    So I have been doing the Primal Blueprint for just over a week with my husband. The first week has been great, I have not had any cravings for bad foods. I've had tons of energy, my sleep hasn't quite evened out yet, but I have been an intermittent sleeper my entire life. I walked around 13 miles this week. I was steadily losing between .4 and .8 pounds a day. However, I woke up this morning and had gained 1.2 pounds!!! What the crap? Yesterday was a normal primal day. The only thing different was as it was a weekend I made primal pancakes with honey on them. But I ate 3, 2 inch pancakes and drizzled the honey, I mean it was even very much. And I also made sauteed cabbage at dinner, which made me slightly bloated. So those few extra carbs should not have mattered. I usually stay between 60-75 carbs a day. Should I be worried about this huge leap up in weight? On a side note, I will be starting my monthly cycle here in the next 4 or 5 days, does that affect changes in your weight on the Primal diet? I know when I was doing 4HB, that author of that said it would vary greatly before your cycle.

I am just scared, I was doing so well and a weight gain like that over night is especially bothersome.

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Easy to gain five pounds in a night. No worries.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    Tremendous worms of a swarthy nature pursue me across the sandy blank sky. I stop to think. What the devil AM I up to?!

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

destructalux is offline Senior Member
    lol DO NOT WORRY ABOUT THIS! my weight often fluctuats 1-5kg in week in week out. depending on water retension and food. muscle gain etc.

you have to get in your head that measurements and progress pics are more important than numbers on the scales

katiepotato is offline Member
    ^ What they said. I've been the same weight since December (with around a 2lb variance either side) but have lost body fat and inches. Don't get too fixated on the number on the scale, it's just one of many ways you can track your progress. I'd also suggest weighing in once a week at most.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    If you weigh every day, you should record the reading each day and plot it on a graph. Their will be loads of noise, up and down movement. The only thing that matters is the trend.

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    That's water weight. No big deal. Happens a lot and sometimes no rhyme or reason.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

prince is offline Junior Member
    Take it easy. Nothing to worry at all.

rahallahan is offline Junior Member
    Thank you all for your responses. I figured it was most likely water weight, probably retaining some as the cycle is about to come on. It just freaked me out, I had been doing so well steadily losing weight that I wasn't mentally prepared for the large jump over night! LOL

Katsuhiko the Rolfer is offline Senior Member
    stop weighing yourself so often! once a month is enough, use measurements, clothes, look in the mirror/take photos instead

Kool is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    If you didn't eat an excess of 3500 calories over your maintenance needs then you're fine

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast