neilc11 is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    go take a piss,
    go for a walk,
    then take a dump,

I tend to piss more on heavier exercise days,

that all said, and jokingly on the first part,
    I too vary 5# thru a week,
    but weekly, to monthly, and even the past year, weight is stable.

1 or 2 overnight, or for a day or 2 ?
    no sweat.

Actually have a theory that it's the moon, and grvitational pull,
    just like the tides.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    There is literally no measurable difference between a pound, no one is going to notice except you and your scale. Don't worry about it, that's treading on obsessive.
    nihil

Wildrose is offline Senior Member
    Happens to me all the time. Where are you on your cycle? I find I ALWAYS hold water before my period.

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Only one pound? I can easily gain ten pound overnight by eating carbs, so I am not impressed at all...

Quote Originally Posted by rahallahan View Post
    Thank you all for your responses. I figured it was most likely water weight, probably retaining some as the cycle is about to come on. It just freaked me out, I had been doing so well steadily losing weight that I wasn't mentally prepared for the large jump over night! LOL
    i'd be more concerned with the fact that you consider 1.2lbs "a large jump in weight." you might be better served throwing your scale away

Katsuhiko the Rolfer is offline Senior Member
    yup as I said earlier, stop weighing yourself. Maximum once per month just to check but use the mirror, clothes and tape measure more often, that will give you a better clue

rahallahan is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by not on the rug View Post
    i'd be more concerned with the fact that you consider 1.2lbs "a large jump in weight." you might be better served throwing your scale away

Well, when you seem to be losing a steady amount of 1/2 pound to a pound each day, than a 1.2 pound jump overnight is large!! LOL. Don't worry, in 3 weeks my scale will be packed up with my household goods for shipment and I won't have a scale for 2 months.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildrose View Post
    Happens to me all the time. Where are you on your cycle? I find I ALWAYS hold water before my period.
    I had started spotting the day before this, and when I start spotting, I am 2-4 days out from the onset of my period. I figured it must just be water weight, I just wasn't expecting it. This is the first period since starting the Primal Blueprint.

Quote Originally Posted by rahallahan View Post
    Well, when you seem to be losing a steady amount of 1/2 pound to a pound each day, than a 1.2 pound jump overnight is large!! LOL. Don't worry, in 3 weeks my scale will be packed up with my household goods for shipment and I won't have a scale for 2 months.
    unless you are insanely morbidly obese, that doesn't sound like a healthy amount of weight loss to me. 1-2lbs per week is pretty much a healthy range for fat loss. since you are new to this type of eating, those numbers are most definitely water weight loss. probably due to the arbitrary low-carb thing. so when you actually ate some carbs one day, you gained a little water weight back. ditching the scale will definitely be the best thing for you

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by not on the rug View Post
    unless you are insanely morbidly obese, that doesn't sound like a healthy amount of weight loss to me. 1-2lbs per week is pretty much a healthy range for fat loss. since you are new to this type of eating, those numbers are most definitely water weight loss. probably due to the arbitrary low-carb thing. so when you actually ate some carbs one day, you gained a little water weight back. ditching the scale will definitely be the best thing for you

I am very definitely not morbidly obese. And I had not had any extra carbs that day, I went back and read my original post and it was not clear, but I ate 3 low carb pancakes, not regular full carb pancakes. Anytime I start a weight loss regime, I always lose weight that quickly. Even if it is just counting calories and hitting the gym. I also did walk 27 miles the first week I did PB. So that plus the lowcarb eating may have contributed to the weight loss. Anyway, I am on my cycle now, so am assuming it is all water weight or bloating, so when I get off and have given myself a week or so to adjust again, I will reweigh and see where I am. I do thank you all for your comments though! I had a slight moment of panic!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast