Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 24

Thread: Gained a pound overnight? page 2

  1. #11
    neilc11's Avatar
    neilc11 is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    ct
    Posts
    191
    Primal Fuel
    go take a piss,
    go for a walk,
    then take a dump,

    I tend to piss more on heavier exercise days,

    that all said, and jokingly on the first part,
    I too vary 5# thru a week,
    but weekly, to monthly, and even the past year, weight is stable.

    1 or 2 overnight, or for a day or 2 ?
    no sweat.

    Actually have a theory that it's the moon, and grvitational pull,
    just like the tides.

  2. #12
    Derpamix's Avatar
    Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    5,371
    There is literally no measurable difference between a pound, no one is going to notice except you and your scale. Don't worry about it, that's treading on obsessive.
    nihil

  3. #13
    Wildrose's Avatar
    Wildrose is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Calgary Alberta
    Posts
    1,204
    Happens to me all the time. Where are you on your cycle? I find I ALWAYS hold water before my period.

  4. #14
    Gorbag's Avatar
    Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Ecuador
    Posts
    4,154
    Only one pound? I can easily gain ten pound overnight by eating carbs, so I am not impressed at all...

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    nj
    Posts
    4,522
    Quote Originally Posted by rahallahan View Post
    Thank you all for your responses. I figured it was most likely water weight, probably retaining some as the cycle is about to come on. It just freaked me out, I had been doing so well steadily losing weight that I wasn't mentally prepared for the large jump over night! LOL
    i'd be more concerned with the fact that you consider 1.2lbs "a large jump in weight." you might be better served throwing your scale away

  6. #16
    Katsuhiko the Rolfer's Avatar
    Katsuhiko the Rolfer is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    212
    yup as I said earlier, stop weighing yourself. Maximum once per month just to check but use the mirror, clothes and tape measure more often, that will give you a better clue

  7. #17
    rahallahan's Avatar
    rahallahan is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by not on the rug View Post
    i'd be more concerned with the fact that you consider 1.2lbs "a large jump in weight." you might be better served throwing your scale away

    Well, when you seem to be losing a steady amount of 1/2 pound to a pound each day, than a 1.2 pound jump overnight is large!! LOL. Don't worry, in 3 weeks my scale will be packed up with my household goods for shipment and I won't have a scale for 2 months.

  8. #18
    rahallahan's Avatar
    rahallahan is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildrose View Post
    Happens to me all the time. Where are you on your cycle? I find I ALWAYS hold water before my period.
    I had started spotting the day before this, and when I start spotting, I am 2-4 days out from the onset of my period. I figured it must just be water weight, I just wasn't expecting it. This is the first period since starting the Primal Blueprint.

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    nj
    Posts
    4,522
    Quote Originally Posted by rahallahan View Post
    Well, when you seem to be losing a steady amount of 1/2 pound to a pound each day, than a 1.2 pound jump overnight is large!! LOL. Don't worry, in 3 weeks my scale will be packed up with my household goods for shipment and I won't have a scale for 2 months.
    unless you are insanely morbidly obese, that doesn't sound like a healthy amount of weight loss to me. 1-2lbs per week is pretty much a healthy range for fat loss. since you are new to this type of eating, those numbers are most definitely water weight loss. probably due to the arbitrary low-carb thing. so when you actually ate some carbs one day, you gained a little water weight back. ditching the scale will definitely be the best thing for you

  10. #20
    rahallahan's Avatar
    rahallahan is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    10
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by not on the rug View Post
    unless you are insanely morbidly obese, that doesn't sound like a healthy amount of weight loss to me. 1-2lbs per week is pretty much a healthy range for fat loss. since you are new to this type of eating, those numbers are most definitely water weight loss. probably due to the arbitrary low-carb thing. so when you actually ate some carbs one day, you gained a little water weight back. ditching the scale will definitely be the best thing for you

    I am very definitely not morbidly obese. And I had not had any extra carbs that day, I went back and read my original post and it was not clear, but I ate 3 low carb pancakes, not regular full carb pancakes. Anytime I start a weight loss regime, I always lose weight that quickly. Even if it is just counting calories and hitting the gym. I also did walk 27 miles the first week I did PB. So that plus the lowcarb eating may have contributed to the weight loss. Anyway, I am on my cycle now, so am assuming it is all water weight or bloating, so when I get off and have given myself a week or so to adjust again, I will reweigh and see where I am. I do thank you all for your comments though! I had a slight moment of panic!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •