Hello:

I've been lurking on this site for a few weeks and have slowly started consuming a primal diet.

I am a 25 year old female that weight 240 and would like to lose 100 pounds. Medical issues consist of a large lipoma on my back that hurts a lot as well as once being told I had an underactive thyroid. I was on medication and then spent some time in England where I was told I had a normal thyroid. Since then I've lost medical coverage and don't really know where I stand on that, but am trying to gain medical coverage again....

Eating primal makes me feel better but CW just makes it so difficult for me to wrap my mind around the fact that eating like this will allow me to lose weight (and not gain).

Today I ate:
Breakfast (11:00): Large sweet potato with butter and pepper
Lunch (5:00): 1 pint of Ceviche, 4 small mandarins
Dinner (10:30) ~6 oz. beef chunks sauteed in butter and broccoli with some butter

I typically eat an egg and veggie scramble in the mornings followed by some raw fruit or veggies during the afternoon and meat and veggies at night. I do use butter though, and I am planning on having bacon tomorrow. I also like cheese, and eat blue cheese or swiss maybe 1 oz. 4 days a week. It is items like these (meat, cheese and butter) that just make me feel like I am doing something wrong.

Also, I like dessert at night. Does anyone have a dessert every night? My favorites are Hagen Das ice cream or Black and Green 85% chocolate. I drink only water or unsweet tea.

Any insight on my eating habits? Please don't be too harsh.... I've only started TPB but I really appreciate any guidance.