I was always thin until I hit my 30's. I am only 5'2". Although I lost the weight after pregnancies, I gained it all back eventually as I got older. Whereas I watched how much I ate, and exercised because even at 115 I thought I was obese. Then for some reason my image in my minds eye changed and I didn't seem to notice as I ballooned up and up to my current weight. Over the last 8-9 years I have tried ever diet there is but don't stick with it. I started the Primal Blueprint way of eating 7 days ago. I have lost 7 lbs and now weigh 215. I am not having a hard time sticking to it. I feel so much better. The first 4 days I really felt the sugar withdrawals. I have always eaten a lot of cheese and drank 4 or 5 glasses of milk a day. So that is a real loss to me, but it isn't bothering me as I thought it would. I have added back in 1 cup of whole milk a day. Salt was another real vice. I have replaced that with lots of pepper and garlic and onions. I saw that we can have some salt, so I have added it back sparingly. I have always disliked vegetables, but find myself craving them. I like the fact that I can have more fat. I love fried eggs and bacon.
I even took the grandkids to McDonalds today and waited until I got home to cook something I could eat. I would have never been able to do that even 2 weeks ago. I am so glad I have found the Primal Blueprint.
I am not sure how long it will take, but I am on my way back to the me I used to be. I am still inside there.