Thread: A Journey back to Me page

Maryg1950 is offline Junior Member

A Journey back to Me

Shop Now
    I was always thin until I hit my 30's. I am only 5'2". Although I lost the weight after pregnancies, I gained it all back eventually as I got older. Whereas I watched how much I ate, and exercised because even at 115 I thought I was obese. Then for some reason my image in my minds eye changed and I didn't seem to notice as I ballooned up and up to my current weight. Over the last 8-9 years I have tried ever diet there is but don't stick with it. I started the Primal Blueprint way of eating 7 days ago. I have lost 7 lbs and now weigh 215. I am not having a hard time sticking to it. I feel so much better. The first 4 days I really felt the sugar withdrawals. I have always eaten a lot of cheese and drank 4 or 5 glasses of milk a day. So that is a real loss to me, but it isn't bothering me as I thought it would. I have added back in 1 cup of whole milk a day. Salt was another real vice. I have replaced that with lots of pepper and garlic and onions. I saw that we can have some salt, so I have added it back sparingly. I have always disliked vegetables, but find myself craving them. I like the fact that I can have more fat. I love fried eggs and bacon.
    I even took the grandkids to McDonalds today and waited until I got home to cook something I could eat. I would have never been able to do that even 2 weeks ago. I am so glad I have found the Primal Blueprint.
    I am not sure how long it will take, but I am on my way back to the me I used to be. I am still inside there.

Katsuhiko the Rolfer is offline Senior Member
    Great news

apart from visiting McDonalds! Even if you didn't eat, the kids did

Maryg1950 is offline Junior Member
    Yes, you are correct. They do not eat healthy at all. But when they go back to live with their dad in June, it will be a different story. He gets out of the military and my Vietnamese daughter in law cooks very healthy. When dad says they eat it they do. When Mimi, says eat it they don't. So they have a couple more months of eating with me.

I am still doing well. I haven't lost anymore weight in the last few days. I believe it is probably because I added the cup of milk each day. Or it just might go slower now that I have lost the initial water weight.
    I made the most awesome green beans. I browned them in bacon grease with minced garlic and lots of black pepper. Then I added a little water and covered to steam. When they were tender I added a little salt and topped with the broken up bacon I had cooked to get the grease. Yummy. My mom used to make them when I was younger but all the years of trying to cut back on fat didn't allow me to eat them. They will definately be a repeated dish. I had them yesterday for lunch and today as well along with some sliced turkey.
    I had some sausage for breakfast with a cup of coffee. I will probably have a piece of fruit later or maybe an avocado.