Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Plant-Based Diet Leader suffers pelvic fractures page 4

grokgramma is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I tried to delete the entire thread and I couldn't. I really don't like arguing, so I deleted any of my replies that sounded like arguing. But I want to put this entire thing into perspective. First of all I was not putting down anyone's age. Unless people can become 20 year old "grammas," I think it's pretty obvious that I am not young myself, so why would I put down someone for being 80 years old. I too am a senior citizen and probably closer to his age than to the age of some of you. Secondly while I think anyone can do anything they want including riding a bike, all the seniors websites that I've been on say seniors should do mainly weight bearing exercises like walking or lifting weights. Third, while anyone can be involved in an accident, diet does play a part in keeping bones healthy. The entire point of my post was to inquire about biking accidents since I am not a biker myself. I appreciate those who understood that and were polite enough to answer in an intelligent mature way.

Forgotmylastusername is offline Senior Member
    I hear mark sisson once broke a toe, calling into question his diet..
    No seriously, bad things can and will happen but it's not necessarily all diet related or a sign we should be gloating over as though it vindicates our woe..
    What about when that paleo blogger died or a heart attack? Was that some kind of proof that paleo causes heart attacks?

Sue
    Sue is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by grokgramma View Post
    I tried to delete the entire thread and I couldn't. I really don't like arguing, so I deleted any of my replies that sounded like arguing. But I want to put this entire thing into perspective. First of all I was not putting down anyone's age. Unless people can become 20 year old "grammas," I think it's pretty obvious that I am not young myself, so why would I put down someone for being 80 years old. I too am a senior citizen and probably closer to his age than to the age of some of you. Secondly while I think anyone can do anything they want including riding a bike, all the seniors websites that I've been on say seniors should do mainly weight bearing exercises like walking or lifting weights. Third, while anyone can be involved in an accident, diet does play a part in keeping bones healthy. The entire point of my post was to inquire about biking accidents since I am not a biker myself. I appreciate those who understood that and were polite enough to answer in an intelligent mature way.
    Thanks. It's a shame people cannot be more civil with their comments rather than being so snarky.

little vase is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sue View Post
    Thanks. It's a shame people cannot be more civil with their comments rather than being so snarky.
    This.

Kool is offline Senior Member
    I once biked down a steep hill at full (uncontrolable) speed and almost crotched some concrete stairs...sure taught me a lesson

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by grokgramma View Post
    And I wasn't going after anyone. I was asking a question as I explained, because I wanted to know if bones break easier if a person is eating a vegan diet. I was curious as to whether that type of diet would cause low bone density. That is why I asked if it was typical to have 4 fractures from falling off a bike.
    Um, yeah you were. Of course now that you've deleted it, you can revise history.

Yes, a paleo diet is great for bone density. As I said mine has gone from osteopenia to healthy because of it (and exercise).

There is no "typical" bike fall. This is silly too. Every fall is different. Speed, terrain, concrete vs grass etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    D3 and Magnesium deficiency are rampant among many North Americans regardless of diet and could possibly be a contributing factor.
    Yet another factor we know nothing about.

Quote Originally Posted by Forgotmylastusername View Post
    I hear mark sisson once broke a toe, calling into question his diet..
    No seriously, bad things can and will happen but it's not necessarily all diet related or a sign we should be gloating over as though it vindicates our woe..
    This. It's the gloating factor that bugs me.

OK, well it's a shame that you can't realize that gloating over another person's misfortune is not polite. Yeah, you got snarked but that post deserved it.

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    if you can't have fun on the internet, where CAN you have fun?
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

Omni is offline Senior Member
    Why his break was so bad, well that may have been due to multiple factors.
    But, if he had been a long time Paleo dieter he wouldn't have fallen of his bike, because his mind and body would have been in tune with the environment and he would have been in the present moment and not taken his eyes off the ball, so to speak.
    Last edited by Omni; 04-13-2013 at 03:15 PM.

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    if he'd been primal his whole life he wouldn't even need a bike

he'd sprint so fast he'd fly
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    if he'd been primal his whole life he wouldn't even need a bike

he'd sprint so fast he'd fly
    Woulda grown wings like a mutant from X-men I say!
    Spontaneous evolution baby!
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast