Thread: Brushing your teeth with Sea Salt page

rphlslv is offline Senior Member

Brushing your teeth with Sea Salt

Shop Now
    Does anybody do this? I've been on it for over a month and it's great. My teeth have definitely whitened. And I never have bad breath throughout the day.

JamieRose is offline Member
    Do you just use straight sea salt and water...?

I've been thinking of toothpaste alternatives lately, so I'm curious as to your ratios and such!

rphlslv is offline Senior Member
    Yes I use water and a tooth brush like normal. Do give it a try!!! It foams up pretty well too if you use enough, which is like 1-2 teaspoons.

periquin is offline Senior Member
    Not exactly primal, but then neither are toothbrushes----try brushing teeth with hydrogen peroxide. I've been doing it for years and the world still turns.

Bushrat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by periquin View Post
    Not exactly primal, but then neither are toothbrushes----try brushing teeth with hydrogen peroxide. I've been doing it for years and the world still turns.
    More importantly, oh great centre of the world, did your teeth improve, and what about your breath and when was the last time you visited a dentist?

I hate dentists so I really want something that will allow me to die of old age before I get another dental check up.

Bushrat: No way am I the center of the world. I do think that I am pretty good because I can stand up on a spinning ball. (Earth)

I haven't needed a dentist, except for a broken tooth due to teeth saturated with flouride, for nearly a decade. Breath---mouth is clean. Breath is as sweet as the garlic or onions that I just ate. Teeth don't turn brown.

avocado is offline Senior Member
    I wonder if it's abrasive over time?

I don't think it can be more abrasive than the fine grit of tooth paste or the coarser grit of salt. Anyway, it's just a thing I do. One of life's choices.

micki7 is offline Junior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Sea salt alone can wear away enamel, so I wouldn't use it by itself. One alternative would be to use baking soda and salt water, making sure the salt is completely dissolved. Wet the toothbrush with the salt water and sprinkle with the baking soda.