Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: wow isnt this all primal anyway ?!!?!! page

egyption grok is offline Senior Member

wow isnt this all primal anyway ?!!?!!

Shop Now

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    The five foods are: grass-fed beef, olive oil, coconut, dark chocolate, and almond butter.

Let's see... In a food processor, pulse some dark chocolate and coconut. Heat some olive oil and almond butter in a pan. Add the dark chocolate and coconut. Add some curry powder and cayenne pepper. Stir until blended.

Cook/grill/pan-fry a nice piece of grass-fed beef. Pour above sauce over it. Fatty, fat-blasty, meaty delicious goodness.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    The five foods are: grass-fed beef, olive oil, coconut, dark chocolate, and almond butter.

Let's see... In a food processor, pulse some dark chocolate and coconut. Heat some olive oil and almond butter in a pan. Add the dark chocolate and coconut. Add some curry powder and cayenne pepper. Stir until blended.

Cook/grill/pan-fry a nice piece of grass-fed beef. Pour above sauce over it. Fatty, fat-blasty, meaty delicious goodness.
    Oooh, like a coconut mole'. I like it.

Drumroll is online now Senior Member
    Only thing is... I'm not sure how well almond butter stands up to heat due to high ALA/O-6 content.

Yes, you CAN cook nuts but it's probably not the best choice.

bob loblaw is offline Senior Member
    The first 4 I agree with.

I'd pass on the almond butter. It's probably better than peanut butter, but it's still a flood of O6 and super easy to over-eat calorie-wise.

Dark chocolate is a true superfood. IMO it's one of the healthiest things you can put in your body.

Graycat is offline Senior Member
    I now only buy raw almond butter and use very little of it, only in recipes.

kathleen is offline Senior Member
    Well I'm allergic to almonds, but I have had sunbutter (sunflower seeds) which isn't too bad. I'd say its a helluva lot better than peanut butter. I still rarely eat it.

Mmm, steak? Yes, please. That's what's for dinner
    Stumbled into Primal due to food allergies, and subsequent elimination of non-primal foods.

Start Gluten-Free/Soy-Free: December 2012; start weight 158lbs, Ladies size 6
    Start Primal: March 2013, start weight 150lbs, Ladies size 6
    Current: 132lbs, Ladies size 2
    F/23/5'9"

26lbs lost since cutting the crap.

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member

Mmmmmmm......

freerangepiglings is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bob loblaw View Post
    Dark chocolate is a true superfood. IMO it's one of the healthiest things you can put in your body.
    I am so happy when I read people agreeing with me about this.

I have always been quite happy letting my girls have dark chocolate, but lately I took the decision to completely stop limiting them and let them self-regulate. I just can't think of anything bad in it, apart from a teeny bit of sugar and the caffeine if you are sensitive to it. I personally eat quite small quantities of it (but that's all I want) - I find it easy to self-limit because it's satisfying. I am quite caffeine-sensitive though and trying to lose weight, so I think for me small quantities make sense. But for my skinny, active children who are always moving about and burn through calories very fast, and who appear to sleep just fine even if they have just necked a great big chunk of it, I have actually come to decide that it's probably one of the best things they can eat!

Catrin is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York

I am going to do this - though unsure about cooking almond butter...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast