Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Interpret my CDSA Results? Leaky Gut and CFS page 2

eric2032 is offline Junior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilythia View Post
    I'm looking at healing leaky gut right now. L-glutamine is supposed to be helpful too.

I have also been advised to avoid FOS whilst healing the gut.
    I have been using RenewLife IntestiNew for a few months now and its helped ALOT. I passed my intestinal permeability test so i supposedly dont have leakygut anymore!

Ive also heard Ghee heals the gut alot too, and Colostrum powder at night and int he morning. Hope this helps you like it helped me!

Amazon.com: Symbiotics Colostrum Plus Powder, 21-Ounce Jar: Health & Personal Care

Amazon.com: IntestiNEW - 162 grams - Powder: Health & Personal Care

The colostrum is expensive but it lasts forever, and the intestinew is expensive but its the best formula i could find.

Eric

Ilythia is offline Member
    Thanks for this! I'm trying to be super careful with supplements as I'm nursing my youngest child still and she has allergies (linked to leaky gut I believe).

I'll look into those now though. It's all a bit overwhelming.

Charles W. James is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eric2032 View Post
    See my issue was that AFTER i went paleo / primal (as i have been for about 8 months so far STRICTLY) i got worse not better. My energy levels were better, i lost some body fat, but the strangest thing was i became HYPER sensitive to foods after switching diets. I can barely tolerate anything aside from the absolute basics. Im talking meat and veggies, and only the LOWEST of glycemic veggies. No carrots for me. Anything carbohydrate related wrecks me within seconds. Its the most intense head pressure i can describe, like someone inflating a balloon inside of my head. Its been horrible, and the symptoms last for DAYS.
    Hi Eric,

It reminds me when I sarted to follow the SCD diet due to my crohn's. I could not eat any veggie, even zucchinis or carrots which were the recommended vegetables to start on SCD. Only meat and eggs were ok for quite some time.

Before re-introducing veggies what I did was putting them in boiling water, with the meat, then discarding the veggies and drinking the soup. After some time of doing this I was able to eat those veggies again.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilythia View Post
    I'm looking at healing leaky gut right now. L-glutamine is supposed to be helpful too.

I have also been advised to avoid FOS whilst healing the gut.
    Hi Ilythia,

This is also what I read and I recommended l-glutamine on my blog for leaky gut (as well as taking it myself). But a few days ago I read that free glutamates were excitoxins that damage neurons, and hence glutamine is not recommended for people trying to heal a leaky gut.

I have not taken the time to check the facts yet, just wanted to mention this here in case someone heard about it?
    Last edited by Charles W. James; 04-27-2013 at 06:57 AM.

Cryptocode is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eric2032 View Post
    See my issue was that AFTER i went paleo / primal (as i have been for about 8 months so far STRICTLY) i got worse not better. . . . .i became HYPER sensitive to foods after (8 months) switching diets. I can barely tolerate anything aside from the absolute basics. Im talking meat and veggies, and only the LOWEST of glycemic veggies. No carrots for me. Anything carbohydrate related wrecks me within seconds. Its the most intense head pressure i can describe, like someone inflating a balloon inside of my head. Its been horrible, and the symptoms last for DAYS.
    Actually, this may not be a bad sign at all. Assuming that your regime has reduced inflation, your colon will be absorbing a much larger percentage of the nutrients you give it. Again, assuming that your body is now more able to respond and 'signal' it's needs, it's very likey that cross-reactive sensitivites are becoming apparent. I understand that it's very food limiting, but I'd keep doing what you're doing. If you feel better and you're "way much healthier", don't stop. And don't think 8 months is a long time, or that after 20 years of toxins your body is going to snap to immediately. It doesn't work that way. Also it takes time for you to learn to listen to your body and trust it. There are some very knowedgable people here but no one else has your body, and every body is different.

I started PB 5.5 months ago. For the first month I ate full dairy with no bad effects. For the next 2.5 months I cut out all dairy. Recently I tried to reintroduce dairy, even going so far as to get raw milk - and my body is having none of it.

I really don't mean this to be discouraging. It seems you're doing well. Have you found another doctor to work with? I wouldn't go back to the same one.

I'd recommend reading Gut Sense and Primal Body, Primal Mind. Particularly as you have leaky gut - that needs particular attention and may not be cured by 'normal' methods.
    Last edited by Cryptocode; 04-27-2013 at 04:27 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12