Thread: Just saying hello page

Grol is offline Senior Member

Just saying hello

Primal Fuel
    Hi,

I like using the name Grol for this place, but my name is Robert. I'm seriously obese at 48 and in a bunch of physical trouble. I studied diet and nutrition for four months as my New Year's resolution to try and figure out the best way forward for the rest of my life. No more fad diets, no more crashing fasts, I'm really sick of that routine, and can'tt get any older without getting it right.

So here I am. Very motivated. Day 6 and my high blood pressure is already under control.

Glad I found this place.

Mr.M is offline Senior Member
    Glad you're here; and glad to hear you've studied for 4 months about health.

Side thought - it seems people who sincerely attempt to find out how to best improve their health are invariably lead to MDA. Very nice!

Classic is offline Senior Member
    Welcome aboard "Grol".
    This site has an endless supply of things to keep you informed and entertained. I can't wait to hear how you do on your new journey.

Helen in Oz is offline Senior Member
    Hi Grol! Love your user name. I've been thinking we need to come up with a primal woman name other than Grokette. Any suggestions?

Good luck with your lifestyle change - and congratulations on identifying the need for a life change rather than a diet.

Take it easy on yourself, when you fall off the wagon just get back on. I'm only four weeks or so in and having the odd challenging moment, but I'm not kidding myself that I can get comfortable with ditching 40 years of bad habits in a month. It's going to take a while.

I'm a big fan of stress reduction techniques, too.

canadianwoman is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grol View Post
    Hi,

I like using the name Grol for this place, but my name is Robert. I'm seriously obese at 48 and in a bunch of physical trouble. I studied diet and nutrition for four months as my New Year's resolution to try and figure out the best way forward for the rest of my life. No more fad diets, no more crashing fasts, I'm really sick of that routine, and can'tt get any older without getting it right.

So here I am. Very motivated. Day 6 and my high blood pressure is already under control.

Glad I found this place.
    Welcome Robert. I am glad you found this forum and congrats on getting your blood pressure down. That is also one of my goals as well as losing weight and getting healthy.

Do you have Mark's book? I do not have it (yet) but plan too asap.

I have the book but it is currently on loan to my sister who needs it even more than I do. We had a conversation about her latest doctor's appointment and she is not getting good advice. After reading about these issues for months sitting with her telling me that she has to cut red meats and most fats out of her diet just made me sad. She trusts her doc way more than me, so she has the book.

Thanks Helen and it's time for me to Grok and Grol baby! Haha I haven't cheated, imo, for a week but I probably got a little too much fructose in organic strawberries yesterday. I am also feeling a little sick, achy, sore throat -- that biz. I actually came here to seek info about that and decided to jump in the conversation. I agree grokette doesn't cut it, but most grunting noises sound masculine so I can't think of a good cave woman name. In Clan of the Cave Bear, a better book than movie, Daryl Hannah was Ayla. Sounds contemporary. Uka, Ova, Uba, Unu?

Thanks Mr M and Classic. But M, there's still way way too many people trying to get right without any interest in this information that flies in the face of the prevailing dogma. I have run into two kinds of friends/family/associates when I discuss paleo with them -- distant disinterested faces with neutral opinions, probably trying to be polite; and outright opposition.

Helen in Oz is offline Senior Member
    It was mentioned to me somewhere that keeping your omega 3s up helps with the headache.

Mahewa is offline Member

Build Your Mental Power

It is great to hear about people who are willing to take a new action in life as the old life did not work very well. To be able to fulfill your dreams and goals you also need a powerful mental health.

Most dreams are just fantasies, nice pictures or possible good outcomes. This is not the feeling of WOW. You must have this deep feeling of bliss rooted inside of yourself and keep the pictures of the NEW YOU in your mind all day long consistently. Focus, focus and focus.

Your dreams must be stronger than your fears.

This is how sport champions win their games, business professionals build their companies and how you build your perfect health.

YOU CAN DO IT....
    Last edited by Mahewa; 05-08-2010 at 04:52 PM.
    Alternative Medicine For Body And Mind

PrimalCon New York
    Thanks Mahewa. Where ever you are in that pic, I am jealous. I do believe as great as all the information is dreams that lead inspiration that leads to true lasting motivation is much more important than the application of information.