Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Decent snack bars page 2

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Markbt View Post
    I haven't tried this as I have been more into intermittant fasting than snacking lately, but here's an idea. Melt a bunch of coconut oil, mix in your choice of other ingredients (dark chocolate, stevia, nuts, etc.) and let it cool in the fridge or freezer. It will melt above about 70something degrees though, but if you don't add too much crap it would be mostly healthy fat. That or just eat spoonfulls of coconut oil.
    Use cocoa butter and it will be solid at room temperature.

Nstocks is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tarek View Post
    Came in to recommend those coconut bars. Sooooo good. I've also found that Larabars don't go over too well with my stomach. Being on the road so often, snack bars can be extremely convenient. Here are some other decent ones I've tried:

Vega Protein bars
    Garden of Life Fucoprotein bars
    Amazing Grass Green Superfood bars
    Pure bars
    Quest Bars (get the all natural variety)

Try to make it a habit to eat real food as often as possible, though. Snack bars can be great in lieu of other options, but they are nowhere near as satisfying as a full meal. If you're like me, it would take two of these plus a juice or smoothie and another snack to feel satisfied, and even that would only last for an hour or so. It's an expensive habit that can add up quick.
    Thanks for your reply!

Yes, the coconut secret bars are very, very nice but they are way overpriced. To be honest, the reason I want these snack bars is so that I don't end up crashing on the junk the is in every cupboard, drawer and on every work surface in my family kitchen. Seriously, it's like there is a cupboard dedicated to each processed food. One full of cereal bars (I counted and there are over 150!!!) and another full of sweets.

I'm usually pretty good at avoiding this junk but sometimes I just want something other than meat and veg with my cup of (herbal) tea! I'm British haha.

Another thing I love are Kale chips. (Raw Kale Chips:Cacao & Cinnamon 90g - inSpiral Shop) It's something else that is expensive and just doesn't work if I make them myself. (and this is currently my only source of greens following a AIP for many months)

I'm going to look into those brands you mentioned. I came across the Vega ones from the link in my first post.

Ok so after searching for better (slightly sweet) snacks, I have come to the conclusion that coconut secret are the best options, at least for me.

I have also discovered after eating 60g of dehydrated Kale that my digestive system is still poor. I'm extremely bloated and this is the first amount of insoluble fibre I've eaten this year! I guess they are off the list! (I'm helping my digestion by making sauerkraut, bone broth and taking a probiotc supplement 10 billion per gram and Super enzymes. I've been doing this for 4 weeks and had hoped I could at least eat some Kale by now)

It's so frustrating because I actually feel that I'm not eating enough food and bloating after each meal doesn't help.

Shadowknight137 is offline Senior Member
    527060_562769640423751_907747913_n.jpg

Goes absolutely delightfully with coffee.

Neckhammer is online now Senior Member

Jenry Hennings is offline Senior Member
    Are the aformentioned bars available in any shops as opposed to having to order them off the internet? Whole Foods Market for example?

Quote Originally Posted by Jenry Hennings View Post
    Are the aformentioned bars available in any shops as opposed to having to order them off the internet? Whole Foods Market for example?
    The coconut secret bars are, I think imported from the US. The link is the cheapest I've found and coconutsecret.com link this for uk buyers. The price is pretty much the same in $ on Amazon. Amazon uk is way more expensive. It's not cheaper to ship from the US either.

tarek is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenry Hennings View Post
    I've found all of the ones I listed in Whole Foods aside from the Quest bars. Not sure if they carry all of them them in the UK.

Jenry Hennings is offline Senior Member
    Then I'll have to scrape together a train ticket!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12