Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Doctor: “No Fat People in Auschwitz” page

Lewis is offline Senior Member

Doctor: “No Fat People in Auschwitz”

Primal Fuel
    Can you believe this? A medical doctor actually said that.

In summary a patient asked her doctor about possible medical causes for her weight gain. The doctor told her not to worry about such things. Weight gain was just a matter of how much food she ate. Then the doctor asked her if she had seen pictures from the concentration camp Auschwitz, and if she had seen any fat prisoners there. ...

The sensible way to lose weight is to try to correct the causes of becoming overweight. Not to ignore the causes and count calories while desperately trying to ignore one’s hunger.
    Doctor: “No Fat People in Auschwitz” | DietDoctor.com

This calorie-fixation is really getting out of hand.

Did the doctor not realize that people died there from the conditions if they weren't actually murdered?

Thirteen years ago, when he started digging into the past to document the number and nature of Nazi-era ghettos and camps, scholar Geoffrey Megargee expected to identify perhaps 7,000 sites. He vastly underestimated his task. More than 42,200 sites will be named in the planned seven-volume encyclopedia that he is editing ...

The Work Education Camp Watenstedt-Salzgitter, established "in some woods just to the northeast of Hallendorf" in Germany, could hold about 800 female prisoners and 1,000 males at a time. The Encyclopedia entry mentions 492 documented deaths there in 1942 attributed to "weak heart" or "shot while trying to escape."
    Creating a New Map of the Holocaust

Maybe the mainstream approach to "weight-loss" could start including regular beatings.

Markbt is offline Senior Member
    An idiot said something stupid one time? Completely irrelevant, unless we are just looking for stupid things to be offended by.

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    I don't have the "before photos", but this is the results after "dieting down":

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    coming up on dr oz, the 'auschwitz diet'
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    No Fat People in Auschwitz
    It was an insensitive thing to say. I'm no huge proponent of being so PC that a stick is lodged permanently up one's ass, but statements like that really are just rude and thoughtless.

While most survivors of WW2 have passed on, their history lives on through their children and grandchildren. Let's give it another 100-200 years before we make offhand comments like that. I'll be long dead and so won't have to deal with the fact that someone as educated as a doctor could talk such hurtful, ignorant shit.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Gladmorning is offline Senior Member
    Oh god, here comes Anna5........
    The process is simple: Free your mind, and your ass will follow.

Lewis is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Markbt View Post
    An idiot said something stupid one time? Completely irrelevant, unless we are just looking for stupid things to be offended by.
    How about you call up the link and see what The Diet Doctor actually said?

How about you reflect on what I actually said? Specifically, how about you reflect on WHY I put the term "weight-loss" in inverted commas? How about ypu reflect on my comment that the regimen in question resulted in death?

It's not just insensitive. It's moronically stupid.

The point is not "weight-loss" but healthy reduction -- and NOT of muscle mass. The point is to understand the CAUSES of the weight gain -- as he said, for example, cortisole injections could do that.

Completely RELEVANT ... if you understand the matter, have just a little background, and give it just a moment's thought

kenn is offline Senior Member
    Anything to keep the holocaust in the news...
    Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
    Starting Weight: 294 pounds
    Current Weight: 235 pounds
    Goal Weight: 195 pounds

Gladmorning is offline Senior Member
    Well, I think it's severely important that we don't forget this catastrophic event, but this doc is wack.
    The process is simple: Free your mind, and your ass will follow.

kenn is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gladmorning View Post
    Well, I think it's severely important that we don't forget this catastrophic event, but this doc is wack.
    It's overshadows many more events that are equally deserving of attention is the problem.
    Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
    Starting Weight: 294 pounds
    Current Weight: 235 pounds
    Goal Weight: 195 pounds

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast