Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Frozen salmon and other fish recipes? page 2

Waterlily is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Finnegans Wake View Post
    Defrost the salmon. On a large sheet of parchment, place a bed of lemon slices. Pat the salmon dry and liberally season (S&P) both sides. If skin is still on, place skin side down. Place several pats of quality butter or CO on top side, then layer with more lemon slices. Seal (fold over) the parchment packet, and bake at 350F for ~20 minutes. The fish does not need to be "masked" if it is of decent quality, but lemon and some butter/CO do enhance it. The result should be flaky, flavorful, and a cinch to make.
    Thanks!
    Very detailed, perfect for me! I will try it!

Paleobird Guest
    It helps with the mushiness issue if you don't rush the defrosting. If you plan ahead enough to get the package out of the freezer and into the fridge the night before and just let it thaw gradually it hold together better, IME.

As soon as it's thawed, put a combination of crushed ginger and garlic smeared all over the fish and let it sit there in that for a bit. Take it out onto the counter long enough before you are gong to cook it to let it get to room temp. That way you can just use the minimum cooking time and it won't dry out. I saute the ginger/garlic smeared fish in coconut oil and coconut aminos (tastes like soy sauce but made from coconuts instead).

slowcooker is offline Senior Member
    I prefer to buy my fish frozen. Unless you live near the coast, pretty sure the 'fresh' fish being sold is previously frozen, then thawed to display as fresh.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Prior to tenting and baking @ 350F for 10 min/lb. Check with insta thermometer. If internal temp is at least 125, tent and leave out of the oven for another 10 minutes. Internal temp should continue to rise to about 140. It's then safe to eat.

The leftovers were good too.

"Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12