Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Am i diabetic? Or is it something else? page

ballenparks is offline Junior Member

Am i diabetic? Or is it something else?

Primal Fuel
    I always come here to vent so if anyone can give me advice i'd greatly appreciate it

Before starting I do want to say I have a doctors appointment set up to get bloodwork done, but I wanted to have an idea of what I may be going into ahead of time.

So here is my dilemma. I an extremely healthy eater 6 days out of the week. I cook all my food eat bunches of veggies and take vits and supps to support my body everyday. My only problem is that on the seventh day I decide to do like God and take a "rest", and by rest I mean a serious binge. Somewhere in the ballpark of 8000 calories.

This isnt because I am suddenly hungry it's because every single day of my life I am always hungry. I never get the feeling like after that of Thanksgiving day where you are happy and feel like a nap. I think about food constantly which causes me to be depressed. The depression isn't a trigger to binge I just do it so that I can take a break and eat the foods I love. Even on that seventh day I don't feel full, I eat until i feel my stomach completely full(not my brain saying I'm full, my food feeling like its coming up). I then eat more when my stomach is settled because I am hungry again.

I have looked at signs and symptoms and the closest one I have seen is type 1 diabetes.
    Symptoms: constant hunger, fatigue, i pee quite a bit, the one I don't have is weight loss. My weight stays relatively the same at about 15%.

While I do really want to lose weight I would be fine if I could just eat normally again and not feel starving. If anyone knows any disorders/diseases that sounds like this I would love some desperately needed help

Thanks

Kool is offline Senior Member
    What do you usually eat?
    I've heard that lack of nutrients can make one feel hungry like in the case of McDonald customers who can gorge on hefty meals and such

Like i said noramlly meats, veggies, coconut and other healthy oils, plus vitamins and mineral supplements. My diet warrant s no need for me to do this but i still need to

nburgraff is offline Member
    I've actually heard of this quite a bit before; what do you eat on your "binge" day?

brooke.S. is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ballenparks View Post

This isnt because I am suddenly hungry it's because every single day of my life I am always hungry. I never get the feeling like after that of Thanksgiving day where you are happy and feel like a nap. I think about food constantly which causes me to be depressed. The depression isn't a trigger to binge I just do it so that I can take a break and eat the foods I love. Even on that seventh day I don't feel full, I eat until i feel my stomach completely full(not my brain saying I'm full, my food feeling like its coming up). I then eat more when my stomach is settled because I am hungry again.

I have looked at signs and symptoms and the closest one I have seen is type 1 diabetes.
    Symptoms: constant hunger, fatigue, i pee quite a bit, the one I don't have is weight loss. My weight stays relatively the same at about 15%.

While I do really want to lose weight I would be fine if I could just eat normally again and not feel starving. If anyone knows any disorders/diseases that sounds like this I would love some desperately needed help

Thanks
    Are you constantly thirsty? How old are you? Type 1 diabetes is also known as juvenile diabetes because most are diagnosed in childhood. I was diagnosed when I was 3 years old.

I understand about having a constant hunger and not getting that full feeling... it sucks! I didn't find out until 2 years ago that type 1's don't make the hormone amylin which produces the "full" feeling. A friend suggested that I check into a medication called Symlin if I want to feel full from eating. I haven't seriously looked in to it though.

If it's not type 1 diabetes I would think that it is hormone related somehow. Are you constantly gaining after the binges? If not maybe you are just under eating on the other days... I don't know. But, I hope you can get to the bottom of it.

brooke.S. is offline Senior Member

Thanks
    Are you constantly thirsty? How old are you? Type 1 diabetes is also known as juvenile diabetes because most are diagnosed in childhood. I was diagnosed when I was 3 years old.

I understand about having a constant hunger and not getting that full feeling... it sucks! I didn't find out until 2 years ago that type 1's don't make the hormone amylin which produces the "full" feeling. A friend suggested that I check into a medication called Symlin if I want to feel full from eating. I haven't seriously looked in to it though.

If it's not type 1 diabetes I would think that it is hormone related somehow. Are you constantly gaining after the binges? If not maybe you are just under eating on the other days... I don't know. But, I hope you can get to the bottom of it.

jammies is offline Senior Member
    How much food are you eating on your normal days? It sounds like you are probably under-eating most of the time to try to maintain or lose weight and that is why you are always hungry.

What is your current height/weight? Do you have any history of disordered eating?
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

alright guys bunch of questions to answer and i appreciate all of the great replies.
    I have tried to biohack myself multiple ways calorie wise. I have tried reduced maintenance and above nothing works. Like I said it is not a problem with diet. I eat enough to where I should be full but I am not.

I am 20 yrs old and have had this problem that has progressed for a year. I am thirsty all the times but its not necessarily a thirsty feeling its just I need something in me. I pee ALOT! I even stopped drinking coffee because I figured that was the problem . Didnt fix it.

I am 6'2" 195 15% bf
    As to what I eat it is normally sugary foods I want the most but. I will eat anything really from that to a hamburger to just about anything that I shouldn't

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    You're a 20 year old male, over 6' tall, less than 200lbs, only 15% body fat. Of course you have a HUGE appetite!
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    I can squat 180lbs, press 72.5lbs and deadlift 185lbs

jammies is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    alright guys bunch of questions to answer and i appreciate all of the great replies.
    I have tried to biohack myself multiple ways calorie wise. I have tried reduced maintenance and above nothing works. Like I said it is not a problem with diet. I eat enough to where I should be full but I am not.

I am 20 yrs old and have had this problem that has progressed for a year. I am thirsty all the times but its not necessarily a thirsty feeling its just I need something in me. I pee ALOT! I even stopped drinking coffee because I figured that was the problem . Didnt fix it.

I am 6'2" 195 15% bf
    As to what I eat it is normally sugary foods I want the most but. I will eat anything really from that to a hamburger to just about anything that I shouldn't
    Have you heard of diabetes insipidus? Diabetes insipidus - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Very different than the "classic" diabetes mellitus.
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast