Thread: Crispy Roasted Cauliflower page

TanyaV is offline Senior Member

Crispy Roasted Cauliflower

Shop Now
    This is one of my new favorite side dishes. Prep is simple although it does take some time to cook (40 minutes), but you will be rewarded in the end

Family Chow 3/26/13 - Plus Crispy Roasted Cauliflower Recipe | FEED THE CLAN
    www.feedtheclan.com

Check out my blog to see how a family of four eats real, whole foods on $85/week

Sandra in BC is offline Senior Member
    Bacon drippings make an excellent "fat of choice" for this dish
    Sandra
    *My obligatory intro

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes

EagleRiverDee is offline Senior Member
    Sounds delicious, I'll try it!
    High Weight: 225
    Weight at start of Primal: 189
    Current Weight: 174
    Goal Weight: 130

Primal Start Date: 11/26/2012

eKatherine is online now Senior Member
    Cauliflower is my favorite vegetable to oven-roast.

Gimp56 is offline Junior Member
    I love doing this with sprinkling worchestershire power along with seasalt and rosemary

I like roasting cauli florets, 1 medium sliced onion, and a few cloves of garlic with olive oil, S&P, and curry powder. Sometimes I take that out of the oven and blend it, then add stock, cream/coconut milk, and voila: soup.

Cauli gratin is also tasty comfort food for those who do dairy. I par-cook the cauli florets (steam or microwave), then settle them into a 9x12. Meanwhile, heat 1 cup or more of heavy cream to thicken slightly; add in a shake of S&P, fresh grated nutmeg, and cayenne to taste; melt in a knob of butter. About the time the cauli is par-cooked and the cream and butter are giddy together, add in grated cheese. You know what you like: Parm is almost a must, but a sharp cheddar rarely misses, and a touch of Gruyere adds some welcome complexity. Slather that over the cauli and bake until bubbly and decadent.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandra in BC View Post
    Bacon drippings make an excellent "fat of choice" for this dish
    I could not agree more!
    www.feedtheclan.com

Check out my blog to see how a family of four eats real, whole foods on $85/week

Quote Originally Posted by Finnegans Wake View Post
    I like roasting cauli florets, 1 medium sliced onion, and a few cloves of garlic with olive oil, S&P, and curry powder. Sometimes I take that out of the oven and blend it, then add stock, cream/coconut milk, and voila: soup.

Cauli gratin is also tasty comfort food for those who do dairy. I par-cook the cauli florets (steam or microwave), then settle them into a 9x12. Meanwhile, heat 1 cup or more of heavy cream to thicken slightly; add in a shake of S&P, fresh grated nutmeg, and cayenne to taste; melt in a knob of butter. About the time the cauli is par-cooked and the cream and butter are giddy together, add in grated cheese. You know what you like: Parm is almost a must, but a sharp cheddar rarely misses, and a touch of Gruyere adds some welcome complexity. Slather that over the cauli and bake until bubbly and decadent.
    Both sound amazing Our family tolerates dairy so I'll definitely give these a try!
    www.feedtheclan.com