Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Anyone out there porkless Primal? page 6

Roary is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I've never liked the taste of pork or ham and keep it out of the house. I like bacon, and occasionally eat bacon on a weekend.

ombat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare
    Pig meat is very inflammatory: I knew this even before I knew what a PUFA or Omega six was. For a few years I was dating a guy who grew up on a farm where they raised their own pigs. Organic, healthy blah blah blah. Anyway, while we were together, he developed a chronic, acute pain in his leg. There were times when he literally couldn't walk more than 100 metres without excruciating agony. We got a lot of taxis He went to doctors, got scans, and he tried everything for it. No one could diagnose what it was.

Years later we were talking, and I asked about his leg. He told me that he'd gone to a natoropath who told him to give up pork. Guess what? No more pain. His mum is back raising pigs again, but he says that even if he has a bite of an organic piggie he'll start to feel the twinge.

That's enough evidence for me!
    This would be the reason why I limit pork. And why I bring up limiting chicken: for physical health.

Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany
    "Okay, have you ever been around chickens? They are stupid, uncooperative, inconvenient, ill-tempered creatures. They get what they deserve. F*$% chickens" -Mark Rippetoe
    Although, this is a salient point.

Quote Originally Posted by Dickson
    I believe in an evolutionary hierarchy of living things. I think most people do in some form or fashion (except some of the PETA crazies). Of living animals, insects and clams/oysters make up the bottom rung of my ladder. I have never once felt guilt for killing a spider or a beautiful butterfly. Fish take up the next rung, followed by reptiles and birds. A bird feels pain, and has a very basic short-term memory. Beyond that, a chicken doesn't do much. There is no play or higher order of desires.

Mammals are near the top. They have longings and desires beyond survival. Even the lowest of mammals has a fairly advanced memory, and play is a large part of the development process.

Humans are obviously the top of this pyramid, but I believe there is a sub-step before humans I guess. These animals have fairly advanced cognitive abilities and memories. Primates, dolphins, elephants, and pigs are the most advanced, with mammals that have been domesticated for thousands of generations (cats and dogs) receiving honorable status.

There are some interesting things about pigs that most people would be surprised to know. There really isn't another animal that can make as great of a pet one generation in to domestication-- even a wolf can be extremely difficult to train. Additionally, pigs are one of the few animals, along with primates and dolphins, that experience sexual pleasures and desires beyond reproductive purposes (farm jokes aside...)

My purpose with this thread was not to make people feel guilty, but to just look at the topic from a different light. It's sort of the "omnivore's dilemma", where mercy and primal desires come to heads.
    I completely understand and I don't condemn wanting to honor the food that we (may or may not) eat based on this hierarchy. I just think there are more important reasons to eat / not to eat certain animals, based both on the meat itself and how humanely and ethically it has been turned into meat no matter its intelligence level.

Given a hypothetical scenario where, in an alternate universe, pork is God meat and cures cancer and beef is 100% PUFAs and arsenic and bad juju (but pigs are still intelligent and cows just stand around chewing cud all day long) I would eat pork and not beef.

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    coyotes are stupid, why do we even need them
    Because they are adorable?

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

peril is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    Kuru, a prion-caused illness, is not caused by cannibalism itself, but rather by preparing, handling, and consuming the brain of infected individuals. If no one had had kuru in that tribe, no one could have contracted it.
    In some PNG highland tribes it was customary to eat the brain of their dead. Apparently a mark of respect. So kuru was perpetuated
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    Because they are adorable?
    A group chased a deer right outside my window one night, i dont think adorable is the word for it

more like eek
    beautiful
    yeah you are

Over the next 90 minutes, I want to show you that all of your problems can be solved with my penis.

Legbiter is offline Senior Member
    I self-limit my pork consumption as well but that has more to do with the fact that almost all pork here is factory farmed and is terrible from a quality perspective. I eat whale meat more often than pork.

Knifegill is offline Senior Member

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

toscamulder is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Here I just can't get the real stuff, organic is as good as I can get the meat. Still those grain-fed and likely not very happy animals. I do have some organic bacon I use sparingly, but that's it for me. Never really thought of the genetical similarities. An animal is an animal, I think it's rather hypocrite not to eat, say, rabbit, but just ruminants, cause they are less cute. Luckily most primal-living people do not think that way. I have to say though that I don't know if I would be able to kill the animal myself, that would be really hard I think.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456