Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone out there porkless Primal? page 3

qqemokitty is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I actually LOVE pork but find it very difficult to find ethical sourcing for it, so I don't eat it very often. I do buy high quality bacon when I can - maybe I'll have to try that beef bacon from US Wellness!

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    I eat pork maybe once or twice a month and I see no reason to eat it more often than that...

miata is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Another pork free Primal here. Not because they are too cute to kill (although that pic is adorable, yogabear), but because I buy the O3/O6 ratio argument. I don't eat pork or poultry.

To the OP and anyone else who can't imagine life without bacon. Did you know that US Wellness Meats sells sugar free BEEF bacon?
    Awesome stuff.
    Same here, with exceptions maybe once or twice a month when I know I'm getting lots of O from fish. I think I'll havre to heck out the beef bacon.

notlupus is offline Senior Member
    Don't like bacon, and the SO is tired of pork so we eat it maybe once a month (he'd get it free from work for years and I have to beg for variety from ground beef and steak, the only two meats he will happily eat). Only exception is pulled pork.

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    I eat ground pork from time to time because I have a pasture-raised source of it and it's awesome, plus it tastes great as a part of a combo meatloaf (ground lamb, pork, and beef all mixed together). Not really a bacon eater or much other pork though, so very sparingly actually.

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    the cannibalism aspect makes me want to eat it even more

also, baby anythings are cute but when they grow up.. woo. fell down the ugly tree and hit every branch
    beautiful
    yeah you are

Over the next 90 minutes, I want to show you that all of your problems can be solved with my penis.

MikeAtTaree is offline Member
    I love pork but try to buy free-range whenever possible. On the ethics and emotions surrounding the eating of farm animals, there was a brilliant series on UK television, "Kill it, Cook it, Eat it" where they attached a kitchen and restaurant to an abattoir with a big viewing window. Various species were killed during the series and the audience were left to make their choices. One issue I had was that the meats were cooked fresh - I always thought a bit of dry ageing etc was better.

jammies is offline Senior Member
    I avoid pork as well. Although I do actually love it. I avoid because of the suggestion that it can contribute to fatigue. I refuse to eat factor pork as the animals are treated below anything close to a humane standard.

But I would ask, why is it impossible to humanely kill them? A bolt or bullet to the brain should be quick and painless. Wouldn't methods that are used in cattle be effective in pigs as well?
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

jammies is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    Yip, that's the reason I avoid pork too! I never buy it or order it. The only time I eat it is when someone cooks it at a dinner party or something. Apparently we share 95% of our DNA with them... It just creeps me out a bit.

Then there's also Ray Peat's insight that pork is full of PUFA and therefore unhealthy.

Plus they are ridiculously cute

Attachment 11248
    I think we share about 90% of our DNA with most mammals. Heck we share 50% of the DNA of a banana

But keep in mind that sharing the DNA is not the same is sharing the proteins. Many, many genes that are shared are not expressed the same way - so really it is the protein overlap that would matter.
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by jammies View Post
    I avoid pork as well. Although I do actually love it. I avoid because of the suggestion that it can contribute to fatigue. I refuse to eat factor pork as the animals are treated below anything close to a humane standard.

But I would ask, why is it impossible to humanely kill them? A bolt or bullet to the brain should be quick and painless. Wouldn't methods that are used in cattle be effective in pigs as well?
    actually i think bleeding them out is a quick mercy killing, the only real problem being them freaking out about suddenly being upside down

tossing them in a small pool and electrocuting them wouldn't look or seem any prettier

people eat pig brains so a bullet or bolt gun wouldn't be ideal
    beautiful
    yeah you are

Over the next 90 minutes, I want to show you that all of your problems can be solved with my penis.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast