Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I think I have diabetes... Help? page

I think I have diabetes... Help?

Shop Now
    Hi everyone. I apologize for starting two threads in one day, but as we speak I'm laying in bed and my feet feel like they are on fire. I've also had large blisters on both feet for about a month now which aren't open sores, but they still don't look totally healed. I'm really becoming concerned that I might have diabetes, which is a realization I haven't wanted to face for quite some time.

I notice the burning feeling becomes extremely acute when I cheat with large amounts of sugar. I was hoping if I could get pretty strict with primal, I could avoid seeing a CW doctor who would put me on all kinds of medication/insulin which may not really be healthy. But now I'm becoming very concerned and frightened. If anyone has any advice, I can't tell you how much I'd appreciate it.

Sorry for any typos - I'm doing this on an iPhone.

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    if you think you have diabetes, go see a physician.....

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    for the love of (insert favorite deity) go see a doctor
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    Go see a doctor and get diagnosed before you lose a foot to gangrene. It's like posting to the Internet that your house is on fire. We're of no help here.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

DinoHunter is offline Senior Member
    If you really dont want to see a doctor, You can buy the blood tester kits over the counter to track your blood sugar levels.
    Track several times dayly to see whats going on.

That wont tell you if something else is causing it though

Also if you go to a dr, they cant make you take any meds you dont want to take
    Last edited by DinoHunter; 04-11-2013 at 03:27 AM.
    Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

http://primaldog.blogspot.co.uk/

Vega is offline Member
    The first thing that comes to mind is that you could have a staph infection. If that's what it is, it can be quite serious and it won't get better if you don't go get treated. It doesn't even matter if it's diabetes or staph or whatever, if it's been going on this long and won't heal, you need to get in to see a doctor before things get worse. That's far more unhealthy than any medication the doctor might give you.

UTfootball747 is offline Member
    doctor

noodletoy is offline Senior Member
    jeebus, go to the damn doctor.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

KT79 is offline Member
    Go to the doctor - like, yesterday. Catching it ASAP and making the appropriate changes is really important. My dad was lucky to find out he had diabetes through a routine blood test, before he had strong observable symptoms - looking back on it, it's obvious he had some symptoms, but they weren't severe yet and it might have been years before he'd gotten them checked. He was able to avoid medication and treat it with diet and exercise for years because of that - many type 2 diabetics don't need insulin at all, and you can sometimes avoid medication for a long time if you take proper care of yourself.

In addition to problems with foot pain and circulation issues, other things you notice with diabetes coming on are unexplained weight-loss, vision and/or attention issues, short temper, really bad thirst.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    If you have a doctor, see your doctor.

If you don't have a doctor, go to a walk-in clinic.

If there isn't a walk-in clinic, go to the ER.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast