Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 3 months 100% Primal...but tried some Pizza today page

sacredgrooves is offline Junior Member

3 months 100% Primal...but tried some Pizza today

I hit my goal, 3 months of no cheating and dropped 51 lbs. I decided to order some pizza, my favorite food of the old me. It was very underwhelming. In my mind, Pizza was always going to be fantastic, but the illusion is gone. I am not saying it was bad, just not really that good. Anyone else try an old favorite and find it not so appetizing?

Kata is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, most of that stuff tastes chemical-y to me now. I don't think we noticed it before because everything tasted like that. Then when we switched and had to make our own food with quality ingredients, we became accustomed to the way real food tastes. It's nice not feeling like you're missing out on anything since it tastes like crap now.

Paleobird Guest
    I've gotten to the point where walking by what used to be my favorite pizza place doesn't even smell good anymore.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Sounds sad.
    nihil

It's not sad. It's liberating.

I don't have that sort of relationship with food, so I can't share sentiments. Pizza tastes good, always will. Even bad pizza. Had pizza with gouda cheese today, it was fantastic and an excellent source of k2, calcium, magnesium(grains), etc;
    nihil

I've never heard of gouda on pizza. Sounds interesting. I love gouda, but it hates me. Was it otherwise a normal pizza or were the sauce and toppings different too?

Why does it hate you? Gouda is a friendly cheese.

It was different. Sauce was a carrot sauce with olive oil and eggs, and the crust was sourdough. Didn't use any meat.
    nihil

Carrot sauce? o.O That sounds really weird in a cool way. I love experimenting with food, and I love it even more when someone comes up with something that sounds insane but turns out to be amazing. It's almost a religious experience.

I haven't been able to tolerate dairy since I was little. I had really bad bronchitis a few times, and I read that it can cause children to stop tolerating dairy. Dunno if it's true, but it seems a likely culprit. It's tragic, really.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Just looking for different ways to eat carrots! You should try my pizza, I think it'd probably be good with some of those US wellness summer sausages. I agree with you, I always do weird crap with my food. I turned oatmeal into a living creature once.

Have you tried after cleaning up your diet? A lot of people have a "lactose intolerance" that's caused by eating something else they're allergic to. Just a theory. Not being able to eat any form of dairy sucks.
    nihil

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast