Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 3 months 100% Primal...but tried some Pizza today page 3

dkJames is offline Senior Member
    pizza is great ... when home-made that is

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dkJames View Post
    pizza is great ... when home-made that is
    That's the only kind to have. There are just so many options.

s-piper is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kata View Post
    It's not sad. It's liberating.
    I feel ya. You have no idea how much I wish for this.

Have you tried homemade pizza? There's all kinds of options for crust depending on what you want to do.
    I make the deep dish pizza from Linda's Low-Carb. Not totally Primal, but better than bread (it's made with cheese and eggs).
    There's also Meatza which can be completely Paleo/Primal. I've found recipes for almond flour crusts. Also, you can make pizza not-bagel bites using a Portobello mushroom cap.

sacredgrooves is offline Junior Member
    I likely will experiment with a "friendly" version of homemade, but just had to try my old standard NY style Pizza place. I agree though, it is liberating!

aliphian is offline Senior Member
    I had pizza yesterday. Two slices and I was underwhelmed. I was still hungry though so I ate the toppings from another slice. Luckily it doesn't seem to affect me in negative way when I only eat it once in a while. I used to eat entirely WAY too much pizza.

Gladmorning is offline Senior Member
    I whipped up a crust using eggs, milk, flaxmeal, tapioca and coconut flour. Gets nice and crispy, has a great texture and hold up to TOPPINGS. I say "toppings" in caps because I like a lot of topping. It does have a lot of carbs in it, but I do no react to these carbs on the scale like I do potatoes and rice. Still, I only make it once a month or so.

My favorite pizza is this crust topped with bacon, shredded chicken breast and spinach. I don't always have chicken, so I have mostly just done bacon, spinach and my own fresh goat cheese crumbled on along with regular mozz and cheddar.

I make my own quick sauce by using canned tomato sauce, a splash of red wine, "italian seasoning" salt, pepper, garlic. Oh god.... my mouth is watering.
    The process is simple: Free your mind, and your ass will follow.

Jeri is online now Member
    After being mostly primal for 3 months I had pizza and ended up in the bathroom several times the next day. This was no fun at all. I know now not to eat it. Not sure if it was the wheat, cheese or processed meats, or combination of them all.

Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    Mixed it with carbonated water and coke(the liquid)

When it was boiling, it literally started walking away and oozing out like a giant slime creature. It took 15 minutes and a hazmat suit to contain it
    I am fighting the worst urge to try this right now.... Must NOT DO IT. Why did you have to tell us this, you jerk

little vase is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gladmorning View Post
    I whipped up a crust using eggs, milk, flaxmeal, tapioca and coconut flour. Gets nice and crispy, has a great texture and hold up to TOPPINGS. I say "toppings" in caps because I like a lot of topping. It does have a lot of carbs in it, but I do no react to these carbs on the scale like I do potatoes and rice. Still, I only make it once a month or so.

My favorite pizza is this crust topped with bacon, shredded chicken breast and spinach. I don't always have chicken, so I have mostly just done bacon, spinach and my own fresh goat cheese crumbled on along with regular mozz and cheddar.

I make my own quick sauce by using canned tomato sauce, a splash of red wine, "italian seasoning" salt, pepper, garlic. Oh god.... my mouth is watering.
    Um....mine is too. It sounds amazing! Does the "dough" need to be rolled out? Do you bake alone it a bit before putting any toppings on it? I need to try this and I have all of the ingredients!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Little Vase-

This is how I make it.

4 eggs

1/2 cup any kind of milk cow, goat, almond, coconut, doesn't matter

1/3 cup flaxmeal

1/3 cup mixture of coconut flour and tapioca flour. It's a little more tapioca than coconut because too much CF gets too gritty for me.

tsp of salt and you can add whatever seasoning. Sometimes I throw in some "pizza seasoning."

Mix it all together. It will look like a loose pancake batter

Put parchment (this is a must) or wax paper on a pan. Square, round, whatever. Spread the "dough" into the pan evenly and bake at 350 for 10 min. After ten min you must flip the crust (hence the parchment/wax paper) then bake another 10 min.

Turn on the broiler. Top your pizza and broil the sucker until it's cheesy melty goodness and the crust edges turn a dark brown.

Mu crust is usually about 1/3 inch thick. If yours is going to be thicker, adjust baking time accordingly. Otherwise it will be floppy and won't hold the top. It has to be crispy. I have found letting the pizza rest 5-10 minutes (this is really hard) before slicing allows it to harden up and be freaking awesome.

Don't hate me if you don't like it. I love it and it suits my tastes perfectly.
    Oh, I always use my 9x13 brownie pan to make it.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast