Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What is the secret to getting good, crispy chicken skins? page 2

peppermint is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    When I cook chicken I usually just buy thighs, remove the skin, and bake on top of whatever vegetables coated in butter, then fry the skins in a pan and cut them up small to use like bacon bits.

aliphian is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by peppermint View Post
    When I cook chicken I usually just buy thighs, remove the skin, and bake on top of whatever vegetables coated in butter, then fry the skins in a pan and cut them up small to use like bacon bits.
    I need to try that!

Sandra in BC is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by drjoyous View Post
    If you're talking whole chicken--Preheat the oven to 450, pop the chicken in with your salt and pepper and spices, let it cook at that high heat for about 20 minutes, then turn down to 350 until it's done. i sometimes have to turn it back up at the end, depending on the wateriness of that particular bird. But i find that the high hot heat at the beginning sears in the juices and ultimately crisps up the skin.
    Me? I don't like chicken (!) but everyone loves the ones i make!
    THIS, and to clarify, the bird must be uncovered. You need the heat at the beginning. And a dry heat is better. You won't get crispy skin in a slow cooker or with the lid on.
    Sandra
    *My obligatory intro

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12