Thread: UK primal-ice cream! page

PrimalMumUK is offline Junior Member

UK primal-ice cream!

I'm very excited, today in waitrose found an icecream made from coconut milk!
    Couldn't believe it, we have 4 children with a dairy allergy so it is something we don't ever have.
    If they all like it, I will look into getting an ice cream maker in the summer so we can make it ourselves.

Cal. is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimalMumUK View Post
    I'm very excited, today in waitrose found an icecream made from coconut milk!
    I hope it wasn't this one. If it was... do click on the Ingredients tab (and freak out).

Urban Forager is offline Senior Member
    I just made some coconut milk (full fat) ice cream that was a hit at my house, coconut milk, banana, honey, a little almond butter, vanilla and bittersweet chocolate chips. I also made a chocolate sauce with the chocolate chips, cocoa butter, honey and full fat coconut milk.

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Here's the latest ice cream I improvised with my daughter on the weekend:

500ml cream, whipped
    3 bananas, skinned and chopped roughly
    1c dried cranberries
    1T Vanilla Essence
    3 Egg yolks (attempted to beat the whites stiff, but they failed)

Fold together, then freeze. Stir every 2 hours, scraping the frozen outsides off the bowl into the middle. Rest in the fridge 1/2 hr before serving.

Serve with melted dark chocolate poured over the top.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

Quote Originally Posted by Cal. View Post
    I hope it wasn't this one. If it was... do click on the Ingredients tab (and freak out).
    No, it's not that one! I also don't think all the ingredients are amazing but... It's wheat, dairy and soya free which means at least my girls can try it and see if they like the flavour.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Forager View Post
    I just made some coconut milk (full fat) ice cream that was a hit at my house, coconut milk, banana, honey, a little almond butter, vanilla and bittersweet chocolate chips. I also made a chocolate sauce with the chocolate chips, cocoa butter, honey and full fat coconut milk.
    Mmm that sounds good! What quantities did you use? Good coconut milk and almond butter are expensive round here.