Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need help reducing body fat page 2

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Wrist and ankle weights aren't going to do it. Planks and pushups and the like will help, but eventually you need heavy weights to change the fat to muscle. You can lose lose lose and all you do is just shrink. You have to build muscle to change the body composition. I know this from personal experience. The lifting has not made me any smaller--diet did that. But it has turned the fat into muscle so I feel better about my body.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Heaviest squat: 180 x 2. Heaviest Deadlift: 230 x 2

Tom B-D is offline Senior Member
    I second the conditioning suggestions, but looking at your diet, it seems to be high on coffee and carbs in the morning. Have you tried less coffee and more of a protein-based breakfast? Not saying you need to reduce overall carbs or go to ketosis necessarily, but you might be able to send your body a better message for fat burning. I remember reading one of Mark's posts about coffee, and that low doses can work well for you as long as you don't just drink it and sit--you gotta move--and that at some point it can impair fat burning.

dacec is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom B-D View Post
    I second the conditioning suggestions, but looking at your diet, it seems to be high on coffee and carbs in the morning. Have you tried less coffee and more of a protein-based breakfast? Not saying you need to reduce overall carbs or go to ketosis necessarily, but you might be able to send your body a better message for fat burning. I remember reading one of Mark's posts about coffee, and that low doses can work well for you as long as you don't just drink it and sit--you gotta move--and that at some point it can impair fat burning.
    Ok, I totally agree that heavy weights must come into play, I am just not ready to lay out money just yet.

As for my breakfast, yes it is very carby. As long as I eat normally through out the day (no special occasion splurges etc) my weight stays steady so I think the carby breakfast is ok. I am attached to everything in it for the health benefits not just looking at carbs, so I have a hard time tweaking it. However....if I walk/sprint 3 mornings a week should I consider just drinking Bulletproof coffee (In an effort to burn more fat)? Any other suggestions are welcome too! I think I would have a hard time downing black buttered coffee, so if anyone has any other suggestions for a per workout meal I would appreciate it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12