Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Greens (Powder) page 2

PrimalMama is online now Senior Member
    If you really feel the need to do green drinks w/powder on a regular basis, start reading labels.

I have a canister of amazing grass green super food in my kitchen... I find it to be a good boost while traveling or working long hours. The only objectionable ingredients (to me) are organic flax seed powder and silica. For as often as I consume this (not very), I'm not worried about that small amount of junk.

Go read labels, try single serve packets, etc. And pick something that works for your needs... But IMHO, you'd be better off with real food.

Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    There is no nutrient in veggies that is not more readily and abundantly available in meat.
    Sure, if you ignore the hundreds of beneficial phytochemicals found exclusively in citrus, onions, tomatoes, potatoes, spices, starches, lentils, fruits, vegetables and other plant foods..
    Sure, they aren't "essential" to survival. But neither is meat, eggs,butter, clothing, clean drinking water, etc
    Last edited by Forgotmylastusername; 04-11-2013 at 02:20 AM.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Forgotmylastusername View Post
    Sure, if you ignore the hundreds of beneficial phytochemicals found exclusively in citrus, onions, tomatoes, potatoes, spices, starches, lentils, fruits, vegetables and other plant foods..
    Sure, they aren't "essential" to survival. But neither is meat, eggs,butter, clothing, clean drinking water, etc
    Of course phytochemicals are found exclusively in plants, that what the "phyto" part of the word means.

Name some and show me that they are
    1)somewhere between beneficial and essential and
    2)the same nutrients are not found in animal products.

Dare ya, "Dr. Oz".

Paleobird Guest
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Don't bother. Wiki does it for you:

List of phytochemicals in food - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

From that link:"While there is ample evidence to indicate the health benefits of diets rich in fruits, vegetables, legumes, whole grains and nuts, no specific food has been acknowledged by scientists and government regulatory authorities as providing a health benefit. Current medical research is focused on whether health effects could be due to specific essential nutrients or phytochemicals."

So, remember to eat your healthywholegrains and your fiberrichveggies.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12