Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lifting Routine for 3 Days? page 3

Chorlton is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I agree. This is a body building workout, not a primal workout. It was interesting to see, so thanks for posting it. But if we go back to my original post, I find it hard to do more than 2 lifts per session and have some visceral fat loss and general health goals, not body building goals.

So that will kill me.

adamm is offline Senior Member
    Fair 'nuff. Good luck!

--Me

RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by quikky View Post
    Do you really think, whether from a strength, or even hypertrophy, standpoint, an average person will benefit more from a lot of isolation work, instead of just diverting that extra time, energy, and recovery to putting more weight on the bar with compound lifts? Remember, it's not like time and recovery are infinite. Time and muscle fatigue spent on doing a bunch of lateral raises would probably be better used for getting one's press to a higher poundage.

Also, why a 5/8/12/15 type of pyramid. 15 reps of squats or deadlifts in a single set (total being ~40 work reps), especially for a beginner? Why not just do 3 sets of 5 reps and increase the weight a little every time? It has proven quite effective.

I'd say 99% of lifters can become strong, healthy, and muscular by just doing heavy squats, deadlifts, bench presses, presses, and chin-ups. If you can't become strong with just those exercises, you're doing something wrong.
    You are wrong. The only 2 muscle groups that matter are as follows:

1. Biceps
    2. Calves

Now stop squatting in the curl rack.

JimmyDamage is offline Senior Member
    Ring dips vs Regular dips is equivalent to Squatting and Squatting in a smith machine. Way more muscle stabilization and you will notice your abs activated as well. Just my personal experience.

quikky is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    You are wrong. The only 2 muscle groups that matter are as follows:

1. Biceps
    2. Calves

Now stop squatting in the curl rack.

Calves? You're clearly a noob brah, it's chest and bi's. I do a 6 day split:

- Chest
    - Bi's
    - Upper chest
    - Peak bi's
    - Lower chest
    - Brachialis (this is for hardcore lifters brah)

Why do calves, don't your wear pants brah? No one can see your legs! Duh.

As rip says build the strength base first with regular dips. Once you have that ring dips won't tax your shoulders. Now muscle ups on the other hand...

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyDamage View Post
    Ring dips vs Regular dips is equivalent to Squatting and Squatting in a smith machine. Way more muscle stabilization and you will notice your abs activated as well. Just my personal experience.
    By that logic, should we all squat on Bosu balls? I mean there's way more stabilization required.

Double post...

You're right the bosu ball squat is the single greatest lift of all time. Now before you try and big league me for going against the norm know that I'm just going off my personal experience. Someone with adequate strength and form can ring dip with extremely low chance of injury. The range of motion is controlled and very simple. Of course freak accidents happen, you can tear an acl walking down stairs for gods sake. Ring dips won't be for everyone. I've just found they work great for me.

The "adequate strength and form" part is a big if. The chance of shoulder injury is still higher vs regular dips and the benefit isn't great enough to offset it, in my opinion. Plus I imagine you can get stronger with regular dips because it's easier to add weight as your progress.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast