Hello everyone,

I am a college student in the United States, and I have done the paleo for about four days now. I wasn't fat, but I wasn't lean either, and my attempts to become lean had not been successful, so I thought I would change some things up. I know that a lot of people outside of the paleo community bash it for its supposed lack of scientific evidence, but I have seen much anecdotal evidence, not just by people new to fitness/weight loss but also by people who have been lifting for a while on non-paleo diets, so I decided to give it a try. So far, I feel pretty good.

I also am an aspiring powerlifter, and am aiming to attain a 315 bench press, 455-500 squat, and 600 deadlift by the end of this year or the beginning of next year. I currently do the conjugate method.

Now here's my question. It's about bowel movements so hopefully you're not eating right now, but: immediately after I started paleo (not a few days later, but immediately, on my first day) I noticed that my poop was bright yellow, rather than my usual brown. I had done nothing else but drop the grains and dairy, and replace it with more nuts and fruits, while still getting a good amount of meat in. I've heard that bright yellow poop meant that there could potentially be health problems, but I can't fathom why the change in diet would cause that in such a short amount of time. I had been previously eating more sugar (mostly refined) before I made fruits my only source of sugar, so I don't think the liver could have suddenly been loaded with fructose, and I am not allergic to any fruits, nuts, or meat.

Thank you!