Thread: Greetings and a question page

明黃屎人 is offline Junior Member

Greetings and a question

Shop Now
    Hello everyone,

I am a college student in the United States, and I have done the paleo for about four days now. I wasn't fat, but I wasn't lean either, and my attempts to become lean had not been successful, so I thought I would change some things up. I know that a lot of people outside of the paleo community bash it for its supposed lack of scientific evidence, but I have seen much anecdotal evidence, not just by people new to fitness/weight loss but also by people who have been lifting for a while on non-paleo diets, so I decided to give it a try. So far, I feel pretty good.

I also am an aspiring powerlifter, and am aiming to attain a 315 bench press, 455-500 squat, and 600 deadlift by the end of this year or the beginning of next year. I currently do the conjugate method.

Now here's my question. It's about bowel movements so hopefully you're not eating right now, but: immediately after I started paleo (not a few days later, but immediately, on my first day) I noticed that my poop was bright yellow, rather than my usual brown. I had done nothing else but drop the grains and dairy, and replace it with more nuts and fruits, while still getting a good amount of meat in. I've heard that bright yellow poop meant that there could potentially be health problems, but I can't fathom why the change in diet would cause that in such a short amount of time. I had been previously eating more sugar (mostly refined) before I made fruits my only source of sugar, so I don't think the liver could have suddenly been loaded with fructose, and I am not allergic to any fruits, nuts, or meat.

Thank you!

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Welcome!

I am not sure off-hand. That is an odd anomaly! I would suspect that it may stop over time as your body adjusts to this new way of eating, but it may be from the nuts. I would not suggest eating any nuts, as they're not strictly necessary. If you are swapping grains for nuts, that is a lot of nuts. You might want to increase veggies and cut out the nuts. If you were relying on dairy as a major meal staple before, you may need to tweak your food amounts to cover the lack of calories and fat.

With primal, cutting out dairy is not strictly necessary (but may help you in your quest for leanness), only if you are sensitive to it.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).