Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 32

Thread: anybody here slackline? page

  1. #1
    not on the rug's Avatar
    not on the rug is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    nj
    Posts
    3,252

    anybody here slackline?

    Primal Fuel
    i've been thinking about this for a while now and decided to give it a try. i went to tractor supply and bought a 27', 2" ratchet strap, and a couple lengths of chain, and 2 commercial/industrial carabiners. i hooked it up between 2 trees yesterday and gave it a whirl. way harder than it looks. but i'm hooked.

    so, is anybody else here in to it?
    I have a lot of hard miles on my body from before I realized I'm not 100% invulnerable. Now I just think I'm 75% invulnerable. -Mr. Anthony

    Give me a spouse/life-partner who I don't want to punch in the throat when she talks. -Canio6

  2. #2
    RichMahogany's Avatar
    RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    6,414
    Quote Originally Posted by not on the rug View Post
    i've been thinking about this for a while now and decided to give it a try. i went to tractor supply and bought a 27', 2" ratchet strap, and a couple lengths of chain, and 2 commercial/industrial carabiners. i hooked it up between 2 trees yesterday and gave it a whirl. way harder than it looks. but i'm hooked.

    so, is anybody else here in to it?
    I've tried it once or twice. Just enough experience to know you're not kidding when you say it's harder than it looks. You should get a big hammock to hang from the carabiners when you're not using the slackline.

  3. #3
    not on the rug's Avatar
    not on the rug is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    nj
    Posts
    3,252
    Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    I've tried it once or twice. Just enough experience to know you're not kidding when you say it's harder than it looks. You should get a big hammock to hang from the carabiners when you're not using the slackline.
    excellent idea
    I have a lot of hard miles on my body from before I realized I'm not 100% invulnerable. Now I just think I'm 75% invulnerable. -Mr. Anthony

    Give me a spouse/life-partner who I don't want to punch in the throat when she talks. -Canio6

  4. #4
    ciep's Avatar
    ciep is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Barneveld, NY
    Posts
    517
    Been wanting to buy one for years, looks so fun. Every summer I say it'll be this summer.

    It'll be this summer!

  5. #5
    Clymb's Avatar
    Clymb is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Phoenix
    Posts
    827
    I wanna do it more. It's fucking hard. I climb, and most of my climbing friends are into slackline, they kinda go together well. I have a couple buddies who slackline over giant canyons and stuff, it's crazy:

    monastery3.jpg

  6. #6
    jimfbk's Avatar
    jimfbk is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    london
    Posts
    6
    Every summer I say it'll be this summer.

  7. #7
    PBNewby's Avatar
    PBNewby is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    232
    I would certainly like to learn it! Perhaps I will get off my a$$ and try it this summer...I really want to.

    Not to intimidate anyone, but check it out...

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-e4C8WYSbA
    Last edited by PBNewby; 04-10-2013 at 08:09 PM. Reason: Added URL

  8. #8
    not on the rug's Avatar
    not on the rug is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    nj
    Posts
    3,252
    for everyone who is interested, i'd say give it a try. i modified my setup yesterday and spent about 20 minutes on it before the rain started.
    I have a lot of hard miles on my body from before I realized I'm not 100% invulnerable. Now I just think I'm 75% invulnerable. -Mr. Anthony

    Give me a spouse/life-partner who I don't want to punch in the throat when she talks. -Canio6

  9. #9
    Ouaouaron's Avatar
    Ouaouaron is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    101
    I got one for myself and my son at Christmas. I am now thinking about where to put it up. Our two trees are way too big around. I am going to build a framework that does not use trees. Hopefully soon we will be slacking. If we get good we can slack next winter in the snow too.
    An optimist is someone who falls off the Empire State Building, and after 50 floors says, 'So far so good!'
    -Somebody funny

  10. #10
    RichMahogany's Avatar
    RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    6,414
    PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by Ouaouaron View Post
    I got one for myself and my son at Christmas. I am now thinking about where to put it up. Our two trees are way too big around. I am going to build a framework that does not use trees. Hopefully soon we will be slacking. If we get good we can slack next winter in the snow too.
    Can you drive 2 massive eye bolts into the trees?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •