Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: anybody here slackline? page

not on the rug is online now Senior Member

anybody here slackline?

Primal Fuel
    i've been thinking about this for a while now and decided to give it a try. i went to tractor supply and bought a 27', 2" ratchet strap, and a couple lengths of chain, and 2 commercial/industrial carabiners. i hooked it up between 2 trees yesterday and gave it a whirl. way harder than it looks. but i'm hooked.

so, is anybody else here in to it?
    I have a lot of hard miles on my body from before I realized I'm not 100% invulnerable. Now I just think I'm 75% invulnerable. -Mr. Anthony

Give me a spouse/life-partner who I don't want to punch in the throat when she talks. -Canio6

RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by not on the rug View Post
    i've been thinking about this for a while now and decided to give it a try. i went to tractor supply and bought a 27', 2" ratchet strap, and a couple lengths of chain, and 2 commercial/industrial carabiners. i hooked it up between 2 trees yesterday and gave it a whirl. way harder than it looks. but i'm hooked.

so, is anybody else here in to it?
    I've tried it once or twice. Just enough experience to know you're not kidding when you say it's harder than it looks. You should get a big hammock to hang from the carabiners when you're not using the slackline.

Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    I've tried it once or twice. Just enough experience to know you're not kidding when you say it's harder than it looks. You should get a big hammock to hang from the carabiners when you're not using the slackline.
    excellent idea
    I have a lot of hard miles on my body from before I realized I'm not 100% invulnerable. Now I just think I'm 75% invulnerable. -Mr. Anthony

Give me a spouse/life-partner who I don't want to punch in the throat when she talks. -Canio6

ciep is offline Senior Member
    Been wanting to buy one for years, looks so fun. Every summer I say it'll be this summer.

It'll be this summer!

Clymb is offline Senior Member
    I wanna do it more. It's fucking hard. I climb, and most of my climbing friends are into slackline, they kinda go together well. I have a couple buddies who slackline over giant canyons and stuff, it's crazy:

monastery3.jpg

jimfbk is offline Junior Member
    Every summer I say it'll be this summer.

PBNewby is offline Senior Member
    I would certainly like to learn it! Perhaps I will get off my a$$ and try it this summer...I really want to.

Not to intimidate anyone, but check it out...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-e4C8WYSbA
    Last edited by PBNewby; 04-10-2013 at 08:09 PM. Reason: Added URL

for everyone who is interested, i'd say give it a try. i modified my setup yesterday and spent about 20 minutes on it before the rain started.

Ouaouaron is offline Senior Member
    I got one for myself and my son at Christmas. I am now thinking about where to put it up. Our two trees are way too big around. I am going to build a framework that does not use trees. Hopefully soon we will be slacking. If we get good we can slack next winter in the snow too.
    An optimist is someone who falls off the Empire State Building, and after 50 floors says, 'So far so good!'
    -Somebody funny

RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by Ouaouaron View Post
    I got one for myself and my son at Christmas. I am now thinking about where to put it up. Our two trees are way too big around. I am going to build a framework that does not use trees. Hopefully soon we will be slacking. If we get good we can slack next winter in the snow too.
    Can you drive 2 massive eye bolts into the trees?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast