Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: anybody here slackline? page 3

LanDach is offline Member
    Every spring I bust out my lines and set them up in the park!

PBNewby is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by not on the rug View Post
    glad to see you start this thread back up and glad to see you in the spirit. the snow has melted enough that I can probably get out to my line and start giving it a go again. i'd like to devote some serious time to it this year. by the end of the summer I was able to stay on for quite a while and even walk mine from end to end. I never mastered the turn around though. hopefully this summer.
    We learned to walk forward across the line, then backward back across the line, before we learned to turn around. Glad to hear you are getting back in to it!
    Began Primal Living: 25 Sep 2012
    Starting Weight: 82kg (180 lbs) - Lost 30 lbs since going Primal!

"I do not eat enough carbs to justify eating low-fat."
    "Have some bread with your bread, pasta, bread, and HFCS." - Unicorn
    "I also walk my dog twice a day now instead of paying someone else to do it." - IronGirl
    "Tell me you're not weak minded enough to be outsmarted by a donut?" - not on the rug

Quote Originally Posted by PBNewby View Post
    We learned to walk forward across the line, then backward back across the line, before we learned to turn around. Glad to hear you are getting back in to it!
    Backwards huh? I'll be sure to try that out

Here's a link to a video that I made yesterday. Let the season begin!

FirstSlack2014 - YouTube

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    I did some balancing on a line (not a slack line) this past weekend, and I think it would be awesome to get a slack line and play around on it. I know a lot of yoga people love to do yoga stuff on the slack line. it was really hard (and really fun, too). think the kiddo will like it.

Ghshl is online now Senior Member
    I'd love to get a slackline, as it seems awesome!
    Next time I see one in use, I should probably try to make friends with the people who have it

Quote Originally Posted by Ghshl View Post
    Next time I see one in use, I should probably try to make friends with the people who have it
    Yes! Definitely do this! Slackers are a great bunch of easy going people. All the ones I've ever met are more than happy to let/help anyone who shows even an inkling of an interest in the sport. You won't regret asking.

"I also walk my dog twice a day now instead of paying someone else to do it." - IronGirl
    "Tell me you're not weak minded enough to be outsmarted by a donut?" - not on the rug

Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    Can you drive 2 massive eye bolts into the trees?
    No. Don't do that. Very dangerous.

Wrap a towel around the tree, then wrap the slackline around the towel.

Most commercial slacklines (Gibbon Slacklines USA) come pre-made to slip-knot around a tree or pole. Be sure to use a tree that is at least 8 inches in diameter. Smaller than that and you risk pulling the tree over.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghshl View Post
    Great idea. I made mine (see post 12 above for where I got the idea from). Super easy and way cheaper than a name brand one

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by ciep View Post
    not on the rug, update... my best friend and his gf just got one, we've been slacklining at the park a lot lately, it's amazing. I'm a pretty coordinated/athletic person, and I generally have great balance -- but this is HARD! Took me 20 min of practice (at least) just to stand still on it for a few pathetic seconds, haha. It's also a great workout for the feet and lower legs. My ankles are surprisingly tired the day after. Pretty sweet!

Definitely get one, it's a blast! I'm getting okay at it now, my record for just standing on it is roughly 1.5 min, and I can usually walk a few steps before I bite it.
    Sounds like you are doing great! It does take about 20 mins to learn to stand on one foot. But once you can stand on each leg for about 15 secs, you are ready to switch feet (from one to the other). That is taking a step. Take a step, and recatch your balance on the new foot before trying to take a second step. You will eventually be able to take more and more steps. But don't try to take too many steps too fast. Easy does it.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast