Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: anybody here slackline? page 2

Quote Originally Posted by Clymb View Post
    I wanna do it more. It's fucking hard. I climb, and most of my climbing friends are into slackline, they kinda go together well. I have a couple buddies who slackline over giant canyons and stuff, it's crazy:

Attachment 11241
    awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Ouaouaron View Post
    I got one for myself and my son at Christmas. I am now thinking about where to put it up. Our two trees are way too big around. I am going to build a framework that does not use trees. Hopefully soon we will be slacking. If we get good we can slack next winter in the snow too.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9g84lYD6CQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0zQ_G2q9FI

this type of design (which i decided to go with) should give you plenty of length to get around most trees

Ouaouaron is offline Senior Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by not on the rug View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9g84lYD6CQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0zQ_G2q9FI

this type of design (which i decided to go with) should give you plenty of length to get around most trees
    An optimist is someone who falls off the Empire State Building, and after 50 floors says, 'So far so good!'
    -Somebody funny

ciep is offline Senior Member
    not on the rug, update... my best friend and his gf just got one, we've been slacklining at the park a lot lately, it's amazing. I'm a pretty coordinated/athletic person, and I generally have great balance -- but this is HARD! Took me 20 min of practice (at least) just to stand still on it for a few pathetic seconds, haha. It's also a great workout for the feet and lower legs. My ankles are surprisingly tired the day after. Pretty sweet!

Definitely get one, it's a blast! I'm getting okay at it now, my record for just standing on it is roughly 1.5 min, and I can usually walk a few steps before I bite it.

PBNewby is offline Senior Member
    My wife and I started on Mother's Day this year. So far, we enjoy the heck out of it. I think I spent 10 hours on the line this week!
    Here's a shameless plug for my blog of our trials and tribulations as we began and learned this sport.

http://milehighslacker.wordpress.com

My wife even ordered her own pink flowered slackline this week. Guess she was tired of my plain old boring yellow line!

No regrets!!
    Began Primal Living: 25 Sep 2012
    Starting Weight: 82kg (180 lbs) - Lost 30 lbs since going Primal!

"I do not eat enough carbs to justify eating low-fat."
    "Have some bread with your bread, pasta, bread, and HFCS." - Unicorn
    "I also walk my dog twice a day now instead of paying someone else to do it." - IronGirl
    "Tell me you're not weak minded enough to be outsmarted by a donut?" - not on the rug

PBNewby is offline Senior Member
    Slackline season is starting up again in the USA where spring has begun.

Get out there and learn to balance like a pro!
    Began Primal Living: 25 Sep 2012
    Starting Weight: 82kg (180 lbs) - Lost 30 lbs since going Primal!

"I do not eat enough carbs to justify eating low-fat."
    "Have some bread with your bread, pasta, bread, and HFCS." - Unicorn
    "I also walk my dog twice a day now instead of paying someone else to do it." - IronGirl
    "Tell me you're not weak minded enough to be outsmarted by a donut?" - not on the rug

glad to see you start this thread back up and glad to see you in the spirit. the snow has melted enough that I can probably get out to my line and start giving it a go again. i'd like to devote some serious time to it this year. by the end of the summer I was able to stay on for quite a while and even walk mine from end to end. I never mastered the turn around though. hopefully this summer.

seashells is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PBNewby View Post
    Slackline season is starting up again in the USA where spring has begun.

Get out there and learn to balance like a pro!
    Yes it is! I could get a few steps in last fall but I think I'll be starting over from scratch this weekend.

OneDeltaTenTango is offline Senior Member
    I have gibbon slack line and am very much on a learning curve. I created a decent set up in the backyard with a couple of soil anchors that just have a small wire loop showing above ground. I also made some a-frames to elevate the line above the ground. The frames can be moved closer which makes slacking easier or farther away to make the line less stable and harder. Definitely fun and challenging. At 55 years old, I think it is a great fun tool to keep on top of balance issues.

The only problem with my backyard set up is that it is under 2' of snow right now.

George_H is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I think I may have found my next hobby.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast