Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to keep egg yolks soft page 2

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Enilegna/hearts View Post
    Darn it I was looking for a recipe on how to boil eggs and keep the yolk soft, but i can't find it.

It was basically pouring 1/2 cup of water in a small saucepan and covering it until it boils, which would be pretty fast. But the eggs and cover again. The key was in the timing, but I did it yesterday for like 3 or 4 minutes and they came out pretty good. So you can tinker with them a few times and see. The steam make the eggs cook better and more uniformly if you boil more than one.
    There are many different methods for boiling eggs.

I pierce the round end with the tip of a metal roast thermometer, then drop them into already boiling water with the timer set for 14 minutes. When the timer goes off, I immediately immerse them in cold water and bash the pierced end, then peel. If I wanted them so the whites were cooked but the yolks were just starting to cook, that would be 8 minutes, 7 if I want the yolks runny. I have never liked translucent/transparent egg whites, so that's as low as I have gone. And since now I am finding I am sensitive to egg whites, I don't soft boil eggs any more.

No matter how you cook them, use a timer and a consistent method to get a consistent result.

BeatMD is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    To get mine a little soft not runny, I just boil some water first. Then put the eggs in for 10 minutes exactly. Take the pot and run it under card water for 1 minute. Then crack and eat.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12