Thread: Omega 3 fatty acids are death page

rphlslv is offline Senior Member

Exclamation Omega 3 fatty acids are death

Shop Now

strom is offline Senior Member
    Looks like a nut case.

rphlslv is offline Senior Member
    Well I'm going to stop taking 10 grams of fish oil a day for sure haha. I don't think O3 are all it's cracked up to be.

Stabby is offline Senior Member
    I sort of agree in the sense that we need a certain amount but after that there is nothing good about any polyunsaturates, as they just tend to get squirreled away in tissues and are susceptible to peroxidation, unlike saturated and monounsaturated fats which go towards energy and repair. That author definitely looks a bit like a raging nutbar though.

rphlslv, if you stop taking that fish oil you will also have to reduce your omega 6 hugely. Ratio is far more important than total amount. Total amount within the confines of a good ratio and a PUFA sufficiency is just my usual nitpicking.
    Last edited by Stabby; 05-07-2010 at 12:07 PM.
    Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!

DianeThePurple is offline Senior Member
    Sounds like a nutcase to me. "Nutri-Spec" sounds like a nutcase with something to sell.

Who are you gonna believe?

Dryden is offline Member
    Somebody should alert the FDA to get all that DHA and ARA out of the baby formula, and all womens' breasts, since it's bad for our children!

Fury22 is offline Senior Member
    His name is Guy. I don't trust anyone named "Guy". Get a more creative name. So boring.
    Check out my blog!

http://easternstrength.blogspot.com/

I like to throw, squat and pull heavy things for fun.

We're designed to be hunters and we're in a society of shopping. There's nothing to kill anymore, there's nothing to fight, nothing to overcome, nothing to explore. In that societal emasculation this everyman is created. ~David Fincher, director of Fight Club, interview with Gavin Smith, "Inside Out," Film Comment, Sep/Oct 1999

Vick is offline Senior Member
    Who would have thought that omega 6 which is anti-inflamitory would become inflamitory once we overdosed on it by digesting the modern western diet.

The truth appears to be balance, not one against the other. Never forget that both are necessary... in the correct ratios.

john_e_turner_ii is offline Senior Member
    The article is by a chiropractor, which in my opinion, would not have the credentials or background to make such claims. I am not knocking chiropractors. I am just saying this is not their arena of expertise.

EGYnutrition is offline Senior Member
    Breast milk has DHA/EPA in it. Our brain flourishes with DHA. DHA/EPA are necessary for life. And, breast milk has EPA/DHA.

Polyunsaturated fats in the abundance and state they are in today are not good for us. Omega 3s on the other hand, even though polys, are good for us. Avoiding them is ignorant of observational evidence (see breast milk/human body composition). Not avoiding polyunsaturated fat is ignorant of observational evidence (see average American).

Most my fat is omega 3/coconut oil saturated fat.

In Pursuit of Healthiness, Only to Achieve Happiness!: www.livingnotsurviving.com