Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Who is actually losing weight? page

zoeamy is offline Member

Who is actually losing weight?

Primal Fuel
    I've been reading through some of the journals and the forum.

It seems like some people are absolutely struggling to lose weight on primal.

Is it just that the people who are already at or close to a healthy weight who have a hard time?

Is anyone who (seriously) has 50+ pounds to lose having (or had) troubles?

And what is up with the neurotic calorie counting?

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Lost 50 pounds easy. Counted calories at first, then went by feel. It was easy.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    Tremendous worms of a swarthy nature pursue me across the sandy blank sky. I stop to think. What the devil AM I up to?!

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Lizzielou is offline Senior Member
    I just ignore the 'nuerotic calorie counting' types, and stick to the PB proper.

I personally had initially gotten frustrated with lack of weight loss, but it did happen slowly over about 6 months. I didn't really have much to loose as I'd already done my big loss using WW previously but was struggling to maintain. So I lost 4 kg in 6 months, and have kept it off for the last 6months with very little effort. I think there are quite a few of us on here that live Primal not for the weight loss but for the bigger lifestyle and health improvements.

Have a look over at the success stories thread, it'll make you feel a whole lot better.

zoeamy is offline Member
    Thanks Lizzielou, i started with success stories but the journals threw me off

little vase is offline Senior Member
    So now I'm a 'neurotic calorie counting' type (edited for spelling).

Okaayyyy.

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    It can be slow, you can stall, it can take some effort.

zoeamy is offline Member
    oh dear, i shouldn't have read your blog... why did you have to mention chocolate croissants?

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    I want to add the weight never came back in these three years. I mean, water weight and a couple of pounds up and down, but pretty stable between around 175-180 for the most part. And I always eat until I'm stuffed, and do little fasts during my work week. Rarely over 24 hours. Best and most awesome thing that I tried? Juggling macro ratios! I found out I feel best on high-protein, usually that means about a pound of meat (fish, liver, beef heart, ground grass-fed beef, chicken, etc.) a day, chased with the other stuff (avocado, berries, eggs, mushrooms, bone stock, seaweed, seafood, dandelion, etc.). And real sauerkraut, kombucha, spices, you know - the whole yuppie menu. And hard-ish, aged grass-fed cheese and raw milk. Honey and molasses are fine, too. With me. For now.

But it helps to play around. Try high-carb once your fat metabolism is back in good shape and you've lost a few pounds. Many find it advantageous. But that means do the new thing for a month, not a week! Changes are upsetting and your body needs time to adapt.

*edit - Weight loss was slow, sometimes a pound a month. But when that pound never comes back, you're winning.
    Last edited by Knifegill; 04-09-2013 at 04:03 PM.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    Tremendous worms of a swarthy nature pursue me across the sandy blank sky. I stop to think. What the devil AM I up to?!

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Paleobird Guest
    I lost 65 lbs and have kept it off too.

The whiny "I've been paleo for three whole days now and haven't lost anything. It must not work", kind of posts get tiresome.

People who are successful don't feel the need to do threads like that.

And not all calorie counting is neurotic. It has its place in getting a person in touch with what a reasonable portion should be.

EagleRiverDee is offline Senior Member
    When I'm dedicated to eating paleo, I lose weight easily. When I cheat (wine is a weakness) I tend to maintain easily. When I go completely off plan and eat CW I gain weight. I did that recently. I'm back to eating paleo style. I feel better, too- a lot better.
    High Weight: 225
    Weight at start of Primal: 189
    Current Weight: 174
    Goal Weight: 130

Primal Start Date: 11/26/2012

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast