Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Who is actually losing weight? page 5

CavemanJoe is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I have lost 2 stone since the turn of the year and that wasn't by being 100%, hell I wasn't even 80/20 for long periods. Remarkable really how bloody easy it all is.

dkJames is offline Senior Member
    I started eating more primal in October 1st 2012, weighing 78kg for 5'9''. In 3 months, I went down to 67kg or 11kg of weight loss, which amount to 24lbs. Since then, I have not changed at all (+/- 1kg fluctuation). I did change my eating habits, not for weight loss but for even more well-being

PBNewby is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dkJames View Post
    I started eating more primal in October 1st 2012, weighing 78kg for 5'9''. In 3 months, I went down to 67kg or 11kg of weight loss, which amount to 24lbs. Since then, I have not changed at all (+/- 1kg fluctuation). I did change my eating habits, not for weight loss but for even more well-being
    This is very similar to my story. I started October 1st and went from 82kg to 73kg in the same three months!
    I am 5'10" and I also did it more for the well-being. The weight loss and being at a lower natural weight is wonderful!

goinggrok is offline Senior Member
    As I had commented before, I am a slow loser...but after 7 weeks of being rather diligent I have lost 7.6 lbs I am so happy, seeing the scale move is fabulous. I think even tho it may be a slow journey, I will get there....patience is a virtue I think we all need to practice. Wishing everyone the best!

OutdoorAmy is offline Senior Member
    I lost 30 lbs. over the spring and esp. this past summer when I was strictly primal. I've been off the wagon since the fall, but haven't regained - I've maintained my diet enough that I've been at the same weight at least. So that's good. But I need to double down and recommit, esp. since I started having GI problems in the last couple months. (Read also - expensive medical bills).

I'm doing CrossFit now and since the weather is so nice lately I plan to get back into the habit of walking to work most days. I'm sure these will only make the primal lifestyle that much more effective for my overall health and weight loss goals.
    Healthy Bucket List:
    • Summit all of Colorado's 14-ers
    • Hike the Appalachian Trail
    • Do a real pull-up
    • Run a 5k
    • Be "Hot For Training Camp"

Check out my journey at Outdoor Amy's Blog.

cali798 is offline Junior Member
    I have been following primal for about 8 months and have had zero weight loss, but I have stopped gaining weight. This is huge because I was slowly gaining weight for the past 10 or so years no matter what I did. I love that I am not gaining weight and eating wonderful foods!

I am a good 80 to 85% primal, I love my wine and beleive life is too short to give it up. I don't have a lot to lose, but I would like to lose 15 lbs. I am looking at my health, I always thought I was healthy (eating healthy and exercising) but through primal have found out I am gluten intolerant! I had no idea! What have I been doing to my body? My feet are no longer in pain, I do not sweat (smelly sweat) like crazy even when it is cold outside, I am not always cold, and I am not dying if/when I miss a meal.

Now that I am more in tune with my body I have been researching stuff and found that I am loaded with Candida, bad! I had been taking antibiodics since I was 6 for chronic bladder infections. I have always suffered from low engery, plus a host of other stuff tied to Candida. Getting rid of it has been horrible and I am still fighting it.

Additionally, as an adult, I worked in a major, major stressful field and I feel I also have some adrinal issues. I doubt anyone in that field would be without adrenal issues. I think when people have a hard time losing weight on primal and they are following it, it could very well be some underlying issues that are not discovered yet. Losing weight is very hormonal and if that system is out of wack it can be very hard to lose weight no matter what. I am hoping that once I get Candida under control I will lose a little, and I already have a way less stressful job thank goodness. In the meantime I am so thankful I am not on a slow train to overweight, I am not killing my intestines with wheat, and I am on the slow train to health (hopefully).

kathleen is offline Senior Member
    I have lost 6 pounds. I have been Primal for just a couple of weeks.

My start weight of 150 is considered to be a normal BMI for my height and body type, as told to me by my doctor. 150 is a "healthy weight" yet I have lost some weight. If you eat primal, and you have extra weight to lose, it will be lost. It may take a while to "kick start" but try it for a few weeks, you'll see and feel changes.

So yes, I am actually losing weight while being primal. My exercise routine consists of a weekly hike, lifting weights 3 or 4 times a week, and some cardio for maybe a total of 1 hour a week. I am never at the gym for more than 30 minutes.

Just eat healthy, and be patient.
    Stumbled into Primal due to food allergies, and subsequent elimination of non-primal foods.

Start Gluten-Free/Soy-Free: December 2012; start weight 158lbs, Ladies size 6
    Start Primal: March 2013, start weight 150lbs, Ladies size 6
    Current: 132lbs, Ladies size 2
    F/23/5'9"

26lbs lost since cutting the crap.

paleodutch is online now Senior Member
    Lost 23 kilo in 7 months, not counting calories and still eating fruit and chocolate
    I am the weight I was 30 years ago and can do a handstand what I haven't done in 35 years
    Also feeling better than I have done in the last 30 odd years. I am so glad I found primal and hope to spend the rest of my life in great health eating primal all the time.

Kelda is offline Senior Member
    For those with eating disorder issues I just came across Geneen Roth and her writings. Her most recent book Women Food and God (and it's not what you think!) could well be the missing link so many here feel. Especially all the self-sabotagers!
    Seeking the natural way in a modern world ...

JohnnyNull is offline Member
    I lost too much weight for my tastes and had to incorporate drinking coconut milk on a semi-regular basis. I'm back to my ideal weight of about 170#, but in really good shape at that weight. My ex-wife dropped over 80# without trying all that hard.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast