Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal Huarache Gal page 7

Huarache Gal is offline Senior Member
    18 Nov 13: Another weekend of falling off the wagon regarding candy and ice cream (especially yesterday). I know its that TOM but I have got to get this under control. I'm not sure what the answer is but I need to find it. I know part of it is boredom eating, but I can't stay busy 24/7.

5 Dec 13: Well, my eating has been a bit better. I did pretty well on Thanksgiving, but did indulge in some chocolate pie and cheesecake. But I overdosed on pie and cheesecake over the weekend. Not beating myself up over it though. Still on the hormonal roller coaster, but I expect it won't change anytime soon.

On a fun note. my kids, granddaughter, dog and I participated in the Turkey Day 5k. It was a lot of fun, but a little chilly waiting for the start.

My shirt says, "Life's short, let's eat the pie first!" and I have a turkey hat with running shoes on.

22 Dec13: my daughter, granddaughter had planned on doing the Christmas Run yesterday, but the road conditions were dicey and I decided it would be better to stay home and run with my dog in the snow. The snow was about 2 inches in most places and drifted higher in others. My dog had a great time rolling and running in the snow. The thing I had forgotten was how tiring running in snow is. It's like running in sand. But we both had a great time and were tired when our 5 miles was done.

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    that's cool, Huarache Girl. What a fun pic.

Quote Originally Posted by Annieh View Post
    that's cool, Huarache Girl. What a fun pic.
    Thanks, Annie.

30 Dec 13: I had last week off work and apparently decided it would be a good time for the "wagon" wheels to come off. Definitely hormone related as I am "that age" now. By Saturday morning I had had enough of eating crap and decided it was time to get back to eating healthy. Bunny Tracks ice cream and Reeses trees are just not on the healthy list. So I managed to do well the rest of the weekend and kept the junk to one chocolate covered strawberry and a handful of maple syrup pecans each day. Not 100% clean, but close enough. I have got to get this reined in. My working out is fine, the same really, but my diet needs cleaning up.

I've decided to do a Whole 30 starting on Jan. 1st. I'm going to try completely eliminating dairy during that time and see what happens. I've gotten into a bad habit of eating too much butter and overdoing cheese. Nuts will be on my "keep it to a bare minimum" list.

I'm tired of the way my clothes fit and how I feel. Its time to clean things up!

1 Jan 14: Day 1 of the whole 30. Weight 148, not too surprising but not good. Today was good food wise. I already feel better just knowing I'm doing something positive for myself.

Clarkie is offline Senior Member
    I am staring my first Whole 30 tomorrow. Have you done/attempted one before?

No. I just thought it would be a good way to get back on track. The biggest difficulty for me will be foregoing butter. I know you can use clarified butter, but I'm trying not to as I was eating way too much.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    2 Jan 14: Day 2 of the whole 30. I'm not going to post everyday but I had a few observations. I did steamed veggies with a little olive oil instead of butter. Not bad. I think its do-able. However, I had a sweet potato with nothing but a little salt. It definitely needs a little something. I may try just a drizzle of avocado oil or break down and make some clarified butter. I still feel chubby of course but mentally, I feel so much better. When I would go on my ice cream and candy frenzy, it was interesting to note how I would become cranky and depressed. Its so much better when I eat clean.

Looking forward to my run this afternoon with my 4-legged running buddy.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast